First FDA-Approved Steroid-Free Immune Response Modifier Treatment for Moderate to Severe Eczema.
- PROTOPIC OINTMENT is a medical breakthrough treatment for Eczema-Atopic Dermatitis.
- Protopic is the first and one of the few medically PROVEN FDA-approved steroid-free immune-response modifier treatment for eczema.
- Protopic can be used on all parts of the body including and neck.
- If you suffer from Eczema, Protopic Ointment may be for you.
PROTOPIC Ointment is the first NEW treatment for Eczema in more than 50 years. Protopic offers hope for those experiencing the devastating physical and emotional effects of atopic dermatitis.
- Safe and effective even in sensitive areas.
- Intermittent LONG-TERM therapy without side effects.
For NEW Protopic clients only, to learn how to request an INITIAL Consult
Refill Consult for returning Protopic Medical Wellness Center clients only
IMPORTANT WARNING: Do NOT use Protopic if you are Pregnant or breast feeding!
IMPORTANT WARNING: Do NOT use Protopic Ointment if your eczema lesions are inflamed weeping or infected!
MEDICAL WELLNESS CENTER PROVIDES:
- Simple, convenient & confidential Online Physician Consultations for Protopic Ointment – All from the privacy and comfort of your home or office.
- No waiting rooms, No embarrassment, No high fees!
- RISK-FREE Online Dr. Visit to learn if Protopic Ointment is for you.
- If you do not qualify your online Dr. visit is FREE.
- If approved, the Physician Consultation fee is only $49.95 plus processing. You will be issued a prescription for Protopic plus six refills.
- Do NOT be fooled by sites that offer free doctor consultation and require medication purchase.
- No medication purchase required. You can fill your prescription in most any Local United States Pharmacy of your choice. The prescription cannot be filled at a foreign, Canadian, internet or online pharmacy or a .COM version of a local pharmacy.
- Express service available: Your Protopic prescription will be called into a local United States pharmacy of your choice within approximately 24 hours.
HOW TO REQUEST A PHYSICIAN CONSULTATION FOR A PROTOPIC PRESCRIPTION:
- First read about Protopic Ointment to learn more about its indications and contraindications and precautions.
- If you have been diagnosed by a physician in the past to suffer from eczema or atopic dermatitis, and you do not have any of the contraindications, next read and agree to the Waiver of Liability.
- Then accurately and truthfully complete and submit a medical consultation questionnaire
- Your medical consultation will be reviewed by one of our Physicians. If approved you will be issued a prescription for Protopic Ointment which you can fill at most any local United States pharmacy of your choice. The prescription can not be filled at an internet, foreign or Canadian pharmacy.
- The consultation is RISK-FREE, if the physician determined Protopic is not for you there no charge. If approved the consultation fee for a Protopic prescription with 6 additional refills is only $49.95 plus processing.
- If you desire EXPRESS service your prescription will be called into a pharmacy of your choice within 24 hours. Protopic Ointment 0.1% is ONLY approved for use in adults and for External use only!
- If you have any health concerns in any way, you should contact your own physician for further advice.
WHAT IS PROTOPIC OINTMENT?
PROTOPIC OINTMENT is the first new prescription treatment for Eczema in 40 years, and Protopic is the first in a NEW class of topical medications called topical immunomodulators. Protopic, tacrolimus, is steroid-free and will improve or completely clear eczema in more than 80% of treated patients with less side effects than topical steroids. The active agent, tacrolimus, is a macrolide immunosuppressant produced by Streptomyces that inhibits T-lymphocyte cell activation. Protopic Ointment has been FDA approved for short-term and intermittent long-term therapy for patients with moderate to severe atopic dermatitis in whom the use of conventional therapies is inadvisable or not adequately effective.
HOW DOES PROTOPIC DIFFER FROM TOPICAL CORTICOSTEROIDS?
Protopic Ointment is the FIRST nonsteroidal topical treatment for eczema and it is safe and effective for intermittent LONG–TERM treatment of moderate to severe atopic dermatitis in adults.
- Protopic is safe for long term eczema treatment. In contrasat, corticosteroid topical treatments can not be used for longer than 2 consecutive weeks.
- Also unlike corticosteroids, Protopic is safe for dermatologic use ANYWHERE on the body including the face, groin or axillae. Topical corticosteroids can not be used on the face, groin or axillae.
- In addition, unlike corticosteroids, Protopic demonstrates NO cutaneous atrophy or adrenal suppression. Protopic is not associated with the side effects associated with topical steroids such as skin thinning, stretch marks and skin discoloration.
Protopic offers a SAFE and EFFECTIVE long term treatment option alternative to those suffering from moderate to severe eczema.
WHAT IS ECZEMA?
Over 15 million Americans suffer from the chronic, life-altering disease of atopic dermatitis, commonly known as eczema, characterized by painfully itchy, flaky, skin disorder.
Eczema is a complex condition and there is usually no one single cause for a person’s eczema. External Factors such as climate, contact with irritants, clothing fibers as well as Internal Factors such as stress, diet and medications can affect eczema outbreaks. Most people with eczema, atopic dermatitis, have family members with similar problems or history of allergies, hay fever and asthma, about 20% have no family history.
Eczema often presents itself in childhood or young adults but can occur at any age, and about 50% of patients are affected throughout life. Eczema is NOT contagious. Eczema typically affects the inside of the elbows, back of knees and the face, but it can cover most of the body.
The severity of the conditions ranges from a few dry red ITCHY patches to widespread involvement. The itching may be so intense that patients often scratch until their skin bleeds and crusts. When this happens the skin can get infected. DO NOT USE ELIDEL CREAM IF YOUR ECZEMA LESIONS ARE INFLAMED, WEEPING OR INFECTED!
HOW DO I KNOW IF PROTOPIC IS RIGHT FOR ME?
Protopic is a new kind of treatment that offers hope to those suffering from moderate to severe eczema who did not respond well to conventional therapy. Protopic is not a steroid or antihistamine and it won’t cause thinning of your skin or drowsiness. Protopic can be used on any affected area of the body, including the face and the neck. Protopic can be used for extended period of time Or Protopic can be used intermittently, starting and stopping treatment as necessary.
WHEN & HOW OFTEN DUE I USE PROTOPIC OINTMENT?
Protopic ointment is simple and easy to use. A thin layer is applied to the affected areas twice a day about 12 hours apart. When applying Protopic after a bath or shower, make sure any moisturizer are well absorbed and your skin is completely dry before applying Protopic ointment. Do not apply any other type of skin product on top of the Protopic Ointment. Do not cover treated skin with occlusive dressings or bandages. Wear loose clothing and avoid sun exposure.
CAN PROTOPIC BE SAFELY APPLIED TO THE EYELID AREA?
Protopic, unlike topical steroids, can be used safely on all parts of the body including the face, neck, hands, groin and axillae areas. Avoid getting ointment directly in the eye. Protopic Ointment is for EXTERNAL use only!
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR PROTOPIC TO WORK?
Protopic can provide rapid clearing of your condition. When using Protopic you can start to notice dramatic improvement in about 1 – 3 weeks. Most people start to notice that their skin starts to heal after the first few weeks of treatment and continues to improve as they keep using the ointment. Regardless of whether you see rapid improvement or not, you should continue to use Protopic as directed. Protopic improves or completely clears eczema in more than 80% of patients.
DOES PROTOPIC CURE ECZEMA? HOW LONG DO I HAVE TO USE PROTOPIC?
Eczema CANNOT be cured, but it can be controlled. Protopic can be used for short term and intermittent long term use. Therefore, even though your skin may start to heal and feel better within the first few weeks of treatment, it is important to keep using Protopic as prescribed for 1 week after clearing of eczema symptoms. Eczema or atopic dermatitis can recur within several weeks of stopping treatment. Since Protopic has been approved for long term use and it is not a steroid, you can intermittently continue to treat eczema outbreaks until they occur.
IF YOU NOTICE THAT YOUR ECZEMA GETS WORSE WITHIN THE FIRST FEW WEEKS OF TREATMENT, STOP PROTOPIC AND CONSULT YOUR PHYSICIAN FOR A PHYSICAL EXAMINATION!
CAN I CONTINUE TO USE MOISTURIZERS WITH PROTOPIC?
Eczema suffers most often have dry skin and important part of routine skin care is moisturizing. It is best to apply moisturizers while you skin is still wet from bathing or showering. Apply moisturizers to wet skin. Allow moisturizer to be completely absorbed and skin dry before applying Protopic Ointment.
CAN PROTOPIC BE COMBINED WITH OTHER TOPICAL PRESCRIPTIONS?
Protopic Ointment should NOT be combined with any other topical skin products or topical prescription medications. Do NOT apply any other type of skin product on top of Protopic Ointment.
WHILE TAKING PROTOPIC CAN I USE TANNING BEDS OR SUNBATHE?
While using Protopic you must AVOID sunlight and sun lamps, tanning beds and treatment with UVA or UVB light. If you need to be outdoors after applying Protopic, wear loose fitting clothing that protects-the treated area from the sun. In addition use sunscreens / sunblocks. Tacrolimus, the active ingredient in Protopic, has been shown to make the “time to skin tumor formation” shorter in animal studies but NOT in humans. If while on Protopic, you develop a photoreaction on your skin, stop taking Protopic, avoid sun exposure and consult your own doctor regarding a possible photosensitivity reaction.
CAN PROTOPIC BE USED SAFELY WITH SUNSCREENS?
Yes. Studies have demonstrated that commercially available sunscreens do not affect the chemical stability of Protopic Ointment. Of course, you need to avoid sunlight as much as possible while using Protopic.
WHAT ARE THE SIDE EFFECTS of PROTOPIC ?
The most common side effects of Protopic Ointment:
- Temporary stinging or burning sensation or itching (pruritis) at the application site. These symptoms typically improve as the eczema lesions heal.
- Protopic treatment may be associated with an increased risk of chicken pox, shingles, herpes simplex virus infection, or eczema herpeticum.
- Also Protopic may accentuate the adverse effects of ultraviolet light on the skin. Therefore patients using Protopic should avoid sunlight, sun lamps, tanning beds and treatment with UVA and UVB light.
- While using Protopic, drinking alcohol may cause the skin or face to become flushed or red and feel hot.
WHO SHOULD NOT USE PROTOPIC OINTMENT? WHAT ARE THE CONTRAINDICATIONS FOR PROTOPIC?
- Do NOT use PROTOPIC if you are pregnant or attempting to become pregnant.
- Do NOT use PROTOPIC if you are breast feeding.
- Do NOT use PROTOPIC if your eczema lesions are infected, inflamed, weeping and oozing!
In order to proceed to the medical consultation, you must go to the next section and read the complete list of contraindications. Then you must verify that you do not have any of the contraindications, you do not have an open infected lesions, and you are not pregnant and are not breast feeding.
Before Proceeding to the Medical Consultation Form please read
CONTRAINDICATIONS, PRECAUTIONS and WARNINGS
and accept the Waiver of Liability
Anyone with the following conditions should NOT use Protopic Cream.
- Do not use Protopic if you are pregnant or trying to become pregnant as there are no sufficient studies to determine the safety of tacrolimus (Protopic) in pregnant woman!
- Do not use Protopic if you are breastfeeding!
- Do not use Protopic if you are allergic or hypersensitive to tacrolimus or to any component of Protopic Ointment: mineral oil, paraffin, propylene carbonate, white petrolatum and white wax.
- Do not use Protopic Ointment on infected, weeping or oozing eczema lesions! People with eczema are prone to infections, especially staph and herpes. Increased redness, pus-filled bumps (pustules), weeping of lesions are all early signs of infection. Seek treatment from your physician to clear infection before commencing Protopic Ointment.
- If eczema lesions become infected while on Protopic, DISCONTINUE use of Protopic and consult your physician immediately.
- Do not use Protopic if you suffer from Netherton’s Syndrome.
- Do not use Protopic Ointment if you have acute infectious mononucleosis.
- Protopic 0.1% ointment is not approved for pediatric use and will not be prescribed to anyone under age 18.
WARNINGS & PRECAUTIONS:
- Do NOT combine Protopic with ultraviolet light treatment. Avoid sun exposure, sun lamps, tanning booths and UVA and UVB photolight treatment while on Protopic. Do NOT sunbathe. Do NOT use tanning beds or sun lamps. Protopic Ointment may enhance ultraviolet carcinogenicity based on animal studies, although no photoxicity in humans was observed.
- Do not combine Protopic ointment with any other topical prescription medications or over-the-counter topical medications. Continue to moisturize as usual, but be sure your moisturizer is completely absorbed and your skin dry before applying Protopic.
- Continue to use sunscreens and sunblock. Apply Protopic ointment first, and the wait until completely absorbed into your skin before applying suncreens.
- If while on Protopic treatment one develops lymphadenopathy (swollen lymph glands), it is imperative that you seek medical attention and determine the cause of the swollen glands and treat the underlying cause.
- Protopic Ointment is for external use only!
The most common side effects of Protopic Ointment may be local symptoms such as burning, stinging, tingling or itching at the application site. Although these sensations are uncomfortable, they shouldn’t alarm you. For most individuals, these side effects are mild to moderate and usually short lasting. Continue to use Protopic because the stinging, burning, or itching will usually diminish as the lesions heal. Most patients are no longer bothered by these sensations after the first few days.
Less frequently Protopic use may be associated with an increased risk of chicken pox, shingles, herpes simplex virus infection, or eczema herpeticum.
While using Protopic, drinking alcohol may cause the skin or face to become flushed or red and feel hot.
If you have any concerns or and side effects continue or become a problem, you should see your doctor.
IMPORTANT PATIENT INFORMATION & INSTRUCTIONS:
Protopic is only to treat eczema, atopic dermatitis, that has been diagnosed by your doctor. Eczema is a chronic condition that can be controlled but not cured. Protopic Ointment is a medical breakthrough because it is a safe and effective treatment that can be used intermittently on a long-term basis and can be used externally on any part of the body including hands, face and neck.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before applying Protopic.
- Eczema sufferers always have dry skin and using moisturizers is very important. The moisturizer should be applied to the skin while skin is still moist after bathing. Before applying Protopic ointment, make sure your skin is dry and any moisturizers you have applied to your skin are dry and completely absorbed.
- Apply a thin layer of Protopic to all areas of your body that your doctor has diagnosed as eczema. Cover the area completely and rub in gently and completely. A pea-sized amount usually covers an area about the size of a silver dollar. Do not apply another type of skin product on top of Protopic Ointment. Treatment should be continued for one week after clearing of signs and symptoms of atopic dermatitis.
- Protopic should be applied twice daily, approximately 12 hours apart.
- Before applying Protopic Ointment after a bath or shower, be sure your skin is completely dry.
- Allow your medication to penetrate thoroughly. Don’t swim or bathe immediately after applying Protopic.
- If your hands are not being treated, wash them with soap and water after applying Protopic.
- Do not cover the skin being treated with bandages, dressings, or wraps. However, you can wear normal clothing.
- While using Protopic, wear loose-fitting clothing that protects the affected area from the sun.
- Avoid direct sunlight, tanning salons, and phototherapy.
- Use Protopic ONLY on your skin, Do NOT swallow Protopic.
- Store Protopic at room temperature (59° to 86°F).
POSITIVE RESULTS ARE ON THE WAY:
Protopic usually begins to provide relief from the symptoms of eczema within 1 to 3 weeks. Most people usually notice that their skin starts to heal after the first few weeks of treatment and continues to improve as they keep using it. Even though your skin looks and feels better, it is important to keep using Protopic as prescribed for 1 week after clearing of eczema symptoms. When you stop using the medication, your eczema may return.
I DO NOT HAVE ANY OF THE ABOVE CONTRAINDICATIONS:
In order for Medical Wellness Center Physicians to provide you with the best care you need to reply honesty to all questions and you need to understand any and all risks and side effects associated with Protopic Ointment.
By accepting “I Agree” means that you have read the above contraindication and warnings and honestly acknowledge that you do not have any of the above contraindications to Protopic therapy. Also, that I am aware that I need to inform my doctor that I am using Protopic.
Start Your Online Consult Now!
Where Alternative and Traditional Medicine Come Together for Total Wellness
MEDICAL WELLNESS CENTER: ONLINE HEALTH CARE & PRESCRIPTIONS
IMPORTANT NOTE: This is a summary and does not contain all possible information about this product. For complete information about this product or your specific health needs, ask your health care professional. Always seek the advice of your health care professional if you have any questions about this product or your medical condition. This information is not intended as individual medical advice and does not substitute for the knowledge and judgment of your health care professional. This information does not contain any assurances that this product is safe, effective, or appropriate for you.