Penlac Nail Lacquer
SAFE & EFFECTIVE Once-A-Day Topical Prescription to Treat Toe and Fingernail Fungus From the Outside In!
- Penlac Nail Lacquer, antifungal nail polish, is a medical breakthrough treatment for nail fungal infections.
- Penlac (ciclopirox) is the FIRST FDA-approved TOPICAL antifungal prescription for toe and fingernail fungus.
- Penlac is SAFE, effective topical therapy for nail fungus without systemic side effects.
- Simple & Easy to apply.
- Why take Lamisil that can cause liver failure?
- Penlac Nail Lacquer is SAFE and EFFECTIVE
- Available by prescription only
Penlac Nail treatment is a clear, odorless nail lacquer you brush right onto the infected nails to start treating the nail fungus, dermatophytes, at its source. It’s as easy to apply as nail polish, and it’s quick drying. The active ingredient, ciclopirox, is NEW to the US but has been used as antifungal nail polish in Europe for many years.
Fungal infections of the nails are common and if left untreated can progress to a painful debilitating condition. Nail fungal infections are not just a cosmetic thickening and change in the shape of the nail, but rather NAIL FUNGUS is a medical condition that is treatable.
Unlike Lamisil tablets that can cause severe systemic side effects like liver failure necessitating a liver transplant, Penlac is SAFE and EFFECTIVENail fungus infection is a very difficult condition to treat. Penlac nail fungus nail polish prescription may be the SAFE antifungal nail treatment you have been searching for.
If you have been diagnosed with mild to moderate onychomycosis, nail fungus infection, Penlac may be for you.
For NEW Penlac clients only, to learn how to request an INITIAL consult
Refill Consult for returning Penlac Medical Wellness Center clients
IMPORTANT WARNING: Do not use Penlac if you are pregnant or nursing
IMPORTANT WARNING: Do not use Penlac if you are immunocompromised, HIV positive, or have received a bone marrow or organ transplant,
IMPORTANT WARNING: Do not use Penlac if you have diabetes, are on anti-seizure medication, on steroids or have advanced severe fungal nail infections
Penlac Nail Lacquer is ONLY approved for fungal infections of the toe and finger nails. Do NOT use in eyes, orally, on mucous membranes or in the vagina.
MEDICAL WELLNESS CENTER PROVIDES:
- The easiest, most CONVENIENT, and DISCREET way to receive medical treatment for your most private health needs — All from the PRIVACY and comfort of your home or office!
- No waiting rooms, No embarrassment, No high fees!
- Do NOT be fooled by sites that offer free doctor consultation and require medication purchase.
- No medication purchase required. You choose the pharmacy!
- You can choose most any local US pharmacy of your choice to fill your prescription! Choose a pharmacy that accepts your insurance coverage. The prescription cannot be filled at a foreign, Canadian, internet or online pharmacy or a .COM version of a local pharmacy.
- NO-RISK Online Physician Evaluation. If Penlac is not for you, the visit is FREE.
- Learn if Penlac antifungal nail lacquer is for you.
- If approved, the Physician Consultation fee is only $49.95 plus processing and you will be issued a Penlac prescription with six refills with no further consultation charges.
- If you choose EXPRESS service, your Penlac prescription will be called in to most any local US pharmacy of your choice in approximately 24 hours.
HOW TO REQUEST A PHYSICIAN CONSULTATION FOR AN AVODART PRESCRIPTION:
We prescribe Penlac nail lacquer only for the treatment of mild to moderate fungal infections of the nail in immunocompetent patients without lunula involvement (the white half moon area at the top of the nail).
- First read about Penlac to learn more about its indications and contraindications.
- If you do not have any of the contraindications, next read and agree to the Waiver of Liability.
- Next, accurately and truthfully complete and submit a medical consultation questionnaire
- Your medical consultation will be reviewed by one of our Physicians. If approved you will be issued a Penlac Nail Lacquer plus 6 refills which you can fill at most any local US pharmacy of your choice.
- If you desire EXPRESS service your prescription will be called into a local US pharmacy of your choice within approximately 24 hours.
- The consultation fee is only $49.95 plus processing, if not approved for Penlac there is NO charge.
- If you have any health concerns in any way, you should contact your own physician for further advice.
WHO IS A CANDIDATE FOR PENLAC NAIL PRESCRIPTION?
Onychomycosis, nail fungal infections, are very common. Although anyone can become infected, fungal nail infections are most common between the ages of 40-65. Those whose nails are exposed to moisture are at greater risk. In addition, some have an inherited tendency to have nail fungal problems. Nail fungus is most commonly seen on the toenails of men and the fingernails of women.
If your nails are chipped, hardened, discolored, and abnormally thick sometimes with slight swelling on the skin surrounding the nail, or you have a nail that appears separated from the nail bed, Penlac Nail Lacquer is not appropriate for you. If left untreated the condition can progress and other infections may also occur resulting in pain, disfigurement, and disability.
WHEN TO CONSULT A DOCTOR, RATHER THAN SUBMITTING AN ONLINE CONSULATION?
- If your nail condition has never been diagnosed by a doctor as nail fungus infection (onychomycosis).
- If you have severe nail fungus infection affecting the entire nail including the lunula (the white moon part) with erosion, pictured above, Penlac is NOT recommended.
- Penlac is NOT appropriate for you if you have any of the following conditions: HIV-positive, are an organ transplant recipient, have diabetes, diabetic neuropathy, have a long term illness that affects your immune system, compromised immune system, on cancer chemotherapy, taking anti-seizure medication, taking steroids, or using steroid inhalers on a regular basis.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding – contact your doctor immediately. You are NOT eligible for online consultation!
Medical Wellness Center’s Online Penlac Prescription Consultation makes it easy for you to safely and effectively treat nail fungus infections from the convenience and privacy of your PC without time-consuming and costly doctor visits. If you have any health concerns in any way, you should contact your own physician for further advice.
WHAT IS PENLAC ANTI-FUNGAL NAIL LACQUER?
Penlac Nail Lacquer is the first-of-its-kind anti-fungal TOPICAL Nail Lacquer PRESCRIPTION medicine. Specifically, it is approved by the FDA for the treatment of mild to moderate fingernail and toenail infections in the immunocompetent patient. Penlac is a clear, odorless nail lacquer brushed on the nail to treat nail fungus infections, onychomycosis. The active ingredient in Penlac Nail Lacquer cream is ciclopirox 8%, a broad spectrum antifungal agent that inhibits the growth of nail fungus. Unlike oral Lamisil tablets which can affect the entire body, Penlac nail lacquer works from the outside directly on the nail fungus. Lamisil tablets can result in liver failure. Nail the infection from the outside in with Penlac Nail Lacquer prescription. Although Penlac is newly approved in the United States, it has been used for many years in Europe.
WHAT IS A NAIL FUNGUS INFECTION, ONYCHOMYCOSIS?
Onyhomycosis or nail fungus infection is a medical condition that is treatable. Nail fungal infections are caused by dermatophytes, a fungus that infects skin, nails and hair. Most often the fungus enters just under the top of the nail and moves steadily toward the cuticle, the white half moon area. The infected nails become discolored, yellowish-brown, thickened, misshaped and eventually (if left untreated) separate from the nail bed and the nail crumbles off.
WHO IS SUSCEPTIBLE to NAIL FUNGAL INFECTIONS?
Over 30 million Americans are affected. Nail fungus infection is most commonly seen on the toenails of men and the fingernails of women. Most infections occur in those between the ages of 40 to 65, but anyone can become infected. Some individuals have an inherited tendency to have nail fungal problems. Also, individuals with a compromised immune system and certain types of long-term conditions such as HIV-positive, diabetes, etc. are at an increased risk. The following are some environmental factors increasing the risk of nail fungal infections: continuous exposure of hands and feet to moisture, shoes fitting too tightly, not changing shoes often enough, injury to toe or fingernail.
WHY DO I NEED TO TREAT A MILD NAIL INFECTION? IF LEFT UNTREATED WILL IT GO AWAY BY ITSELF?
Onychomycosis is a progressive fungal infection. The fungus destroys tissue and organic debris accumulates under the nail leading to nail changes beginning with slight thickening and discoloration. If left untreated the nail plate eventually separates from its nail bed and crumbles off. In addition, the infection spreads to other nails. The condition progresses from what initially appears to just be a “cosmetic” discoloration of the nail to a painful, debilitating condition affecting one’s ability to walk or use one fingers.
WHO QUALIFIES FOR AN ONLINE PENLAC CONSULTATION?
If you have previously been diagnosed by a health care profession as suffering from mild to moderate nail fungal infection (click here for photos of nail fungal infection) you may finally have find a safe and simple solution to the embarrassing condition of discolored, thickened and hardened nails due to a dermatophyte fungal infection. Penlac antifungal nail polish is applied directly at the site of the fungal infection and may work for you when other treatments have failed. Penlac prescription is not for those with severe fungal infections involving the entire nail Mild to moderate infections are those involving only several nails and more than half of the nail may be affected but NOT including the cuticle white half-moon area at the top of the nail where it joins onto the finger. If you have many nails affected, the entire nail is involved, brittle and has lifted off from the nail bed, and is accompanied by ulceration of surrounding skin and pain you do NOT qualify for an online consultation, you must seek immediate medical attention from your own physician. If you have long-term conditions affecting your immune system such as diabetes, organ-transplant recipient, HIV-positive, a regular user of steroids or steroid inhalers you do not qualify for an online consultation.
WHEN & HOW OFTEN DO I USE PENLAC NAIL LACQUER?
Penlac Nail Lacquer is applied only once a day to the affected nails with the applicator brush provided. Penlac is clear and odorless and quick drying. It’s just as easy as using nail polish. Once-daily, preferably before bedtime, one layer of Penlac lacquer is applied over the entire affected nail plate and 0.5mm of surrounding skin area with the applicator brush provided. Do not wet hands for 8 hours after application. Each day for 7 days a new layer is applied over the previous one. Once a week remove layers with alcohol and trim nails and with an emery board file away loose nail material. Persons with thickened, hardened nails may also need a health professional to trim away unattached infected nails regularly.
HOW LONG BEFORE I SEE RESULTS?
Nail infections are very difficult to cure and it may take many months of treatment to see the effects as the nail grows very slowly. Fingernails grow faster than toenails: fingernails may clear within 6 months and toenails can take 12 months to completely regrow. But don’t despair and discontinue treatment if you do not see improvement right away. It may take 6 months or longer to start to see improvement. Up to 48 weeks of treatment may be needed for a cure which is defined as 10% or less residual nail involvement.
HOW IS PENLAC DIFFER FROM THAN OTHER NAIL FUNGAL TREATMENTS?
Nail fungus is very difficult to clear up and if left untreated will only progress. Penlac Nail Lacquer differs from oral medications because it is applied directly to the site of the infected nail and it does NOT have systemic effects. Since antifungal nail treatment needs to be continued for many months, Penlac lacquer is advantageous as it has no systemic toxicity and is much better tolerated and safer than other available treatments. Penlac is FDA-approved topical prescription to treat mild to moderate fungal nail infections in immunocompetent candidates.
CAN PENLAC LACQUER BE USED WITH OTHER ANTIFUNGAL NAIL TREATMENTS OR BE USED WITH NAIL POLISH?
Penlac Nail Lacquer is NOT recommended to be used with any other systemic antifungal agents for nail fungus infection as there are no studies to determine their interactions. Also DO NOT use nail polish, acrylic nails, or any other cosmetic nail products during treatment regimen with Penlac.
WHAT IF I MISS A Penlac Nail Lacquer APPLICATION?
If you miss a Penlac Nail Lacquer application it is best to just skip the missed dose and continue on with your daily nail care regimen. Never double-up or use a greater amount to make- up for missed dose, because this may only enhance the likelihood of more severe skin irritations.
WHAT ARE THE SIDE EFFECTS OF Penlac Nail Lacquer?
Penlac Nail Lacquer does not penetrate into the nail bed. Therefore, there are NO systemic effects when used appropriately. There are No know drug interactions and No laboratory monitoring is needed. The majority of patients using Penlac Nail Lacquer experience no side effects. Futhermore, any side effects, if any, are mild. Only about 5% of users experience mild and transient redness and swelling when using Penlac topically as directed.
If nails start to change shape or you have prolonged swelling and pain around your nails, discontinue use and contact your regular doctor.
If you get the medication in your eyes, rinse immediately with water and seek immediate emergency treatment!
WHO SHOULD NOT USE pENLAC?
- Penlac Nail Lacquer is ONLY approved for TOENAIL and FINGERNAIL Fungus Infections
- Do NOT use if pregnant, attempting to become pregnant , or breast feeding
- Do NOT use if you have SEVERE nail fungus, only approved for mild to moderate infections.
- Do NOT use if you are immunocompromised, have HIV/AIDS or have received a bone marrow or organ transplant.
- Do NOT use if on anti-seizure medication, steroids or have diabetes
In order to proceed to the medical consultation, you must go to the next section and read the complete list of contraindications. Then you must verify that you do not have any of the contraindications, you are not pregnant and are not breast feeding.
Before Proceeding to the Medical Consultation Form please read
CONTRAINDICATIONS, PRECAUTIONS and WARNINGS
and accept the Waiver of Liability
PENLAC ANTIFUNGAL NAIL LACQUER is the first, FDA-approved TOPICAL prescription medication for the treatment mild to moderate nail fungal infections in immunocompetent individuals. Penlac use is CONTRAINDICATED and must NOT be used in anyone with the following conditions:
- Do NOT use Penlac Nail Lacquer if you are pregnant, attempting to become pregnant. Penlac (ciclopirox) is a Pregnancy Category B which means that animal studies did not indicate any significant fetal malformations, but there are no adequate studies of topically applied ciclopirox in pregnant women. Therefore, it may pose potential risk to the fetus.
- Do NOT use Penlac Nail Lacquer if you are breastfeeding.
- Do NOT use Penlac Nail Lacquer if you are allergic or sensitive to any of the ingredients: ciclopirox in a solution base containing ethyl acetate, NF; isopropyl alcohol, USP; and butyl monoester of poly (methylvinyl ether/maleic acid) in isopropyl alcohol.
- Do NOT use on skin other than that immediately adjacent to infected fingernail
- Do NOT use on advanced severe fungal nail infections involving the entire nail
- Do NOT use if have a history of immunosuppression, history of recurrent shingles, on cancer chemotherapy, HIV-positive, organ transplant recipient, diabetic, diabetic neuropathy, or on anti-seizure medication to control epilepsy.
- Penlac Nail Lacquer is contraindicated if you have diabetes or diabetic neuropathy.
- Penlac Nail Lacquervis contraindicated if you have a history of immunosuppression or immune system disease, if you are HIV-positiv, or if you are on cancer chemotherapy treatment.
- Penlac Nail Lacquervis contraindicated if you recoved a bone marrow or organ transplant.
- Penlac Nail Lacquer is contraindicated if you are taking anti-seizure medication to control epilepsy
- Penlac Nail Lacquer is contraindicated if use topical corticosteroids on a repeated monthly basis or you use steroid inhalers regular basis. Doing so puts you at risk of complications and super infections. Therefore, you would need to be constantly monitored by a physician during treatment.
- Penlac Nail Lacquer is contraindicated if you have a severe case of nail fungus infection involving the entire nail to the cuticle with the nail crumbling and lifting from the nail bed accompanied by pain.
- Penlac Nail Lacquer is NOT approved for pediatric use, and we do NOT prescribe Penlac to anyone under the age of 18
- Penlac Nail Lacquer is ONLY approved for use on toe and fingernails and immediately adjacent skin. Do NOT use in eyes, orally, on mucous membranes or in the vaginal area.
IMPORTANT PRECAUTIONS and WARNINGS
- Penlac Nail Lacquer is for EXTERNAL USE ONLY. Avoid getting Penlac in your eyes, nose, or mouth. Flush with water and seek immediate medical attention!
- Apply Penlac nail lacquer only to the nails and immediately adjacent skin.
- Do not apply intravaginally or to other areas of skin.
- Do NOT use nail polish, artificial nails, or any other cosmetic nail product on the nails with Penlac nail lacquer.
- Do NOT combine topical Penlac nail lacquer with any other systemic antifungal NAIL treatment.
- If the area of application shows signs of increased irritation such as increased redness, swelling, burning, blistering, or oozing, DISCONTINUE USE and seek immediate medical attention from your regular physician.
- Penlac is to be used as part of a comprehensive nail care program. In some cases, in addition to your own regular nail care, regular periodic trimming and filing of the infected nails by a professional may be necessary.
- Penlac Nail lacquer is flammable. Keep away from heat and flame.
- Always store Penlac nail lacquer bottle in the carton to keep away from light.
- Keep away from children.
- The majority of patients using Penlac Nail Lacquer experience no side effects. Penlac is fragrance-free and any side effects are mild if any. The side effects when used topically as directed are limited to possible redness around nails, slight swelling. Less than 5% of users experience any side effects. If irritation and you experience increasing redness, swelling, pain…. stop the use of Penlac and contact your doctor.
- If you get the medication in your eyes, rinse immediately with water and contact your regular physician!
- There are NO systemic effects when used appropriately.
IMPORTANT PATIENT INSTRUCTIONS
How to apply Penlac Nail Lacquer – Easy to Use:
Step 1: Before starting treatment remove any loose nail or nail material using nail clippers or nail files (emery board).
Step 2: Apply a single thin layer of Penlac once daily to all the affected nails and adjacent skin (preferably at bedtime waiting 8 hours before taking a bath or shower). Apply evenly over the entire nail Where possible, apply Penlac to the underside of the nail and to the skin beneath the nail. Wait at least 30 seconds to minute until lacquer completely dries before putting on socks or stockings. Apply Penlac daily to affected nails over the previous coats.
Step 3: Once a week remove Penlac layers with alcohol. Trim nails and file away any loose nail materials with an emery board or nail file weekly. Persons with thickened, hardened nails may also need their nails trimmed on a monthly basis by a professional.
Repeat the daily application and weekly removal processes until nail shows clearing for a maximum of 48 weeks.
Always close bottle tightly and protect from light by placing bottle into carton after each use.
It’s WORTH THE WAIT: It may take up to 6 months before seeing improvement and up to 48 weeks to achieve maximal benefit.
I DO NOT HAVE ANY OF THE ABOVE CONTRAINDICATIONS:
In order for Medical Wellness Center Physicians to provide you with the best care, you need to reply honesty to all questions and you need to understand any and all contraindications, risks and side effects associated with Penlac Nail Lacquer
By accepting “I Agree” means that you have read the above contraindication, precautions, and warnings and honestly acknowledge that you do not have any of the above contraindications to PENLAC therapy. Also, that I am aware of the side effects! I fully understand that Penlac is indicated only for mild to moderate fungal infection of the nails in immunocompetent individuals. Penlac is contraindicated in anyone with a compromised immune system such as but not limited to HIV-positive, organ transplant recipient, diabetic, regular use of corticosteroid creams, or steroid inhalers. Under conditions of compromised immune systems fungal infections can progress and with complications can lead to loss of limb or even death. I understand that it is solely my responsibility to seek diagnostic and medical treatment for any underlying medical conditions from my own regular primary care physician.