Reduces the Number and Severity of Acne lesions – Gentle to Your Skin!
- Epiduo Gel is the FIRST and ONLY FDA-approved topical acne treatment containing the two acne-fighting ingredients: the synthetic retinoid, adapalene, and the antibacterial-agent, benzoyl peroxide.
- Epiduo Gel controls and prevents acne outbreaks by normalizing skin cell formation in the pore, its anti-inflammatory properties, and it’s cleansing and antibacterial properties.
- If you have been diagnosed as suffering from Grade I – III acne, Epiduo Gel may be for you.
- Epiduo™ Gel is the first ever FDA-approved combination topical retinoid and benzoyl peroxide treatment for acne since the approval of Retin A in 1972.
- Epiduo™ Gel is specifically formulated for the treatment of acne: prevents whiteheads and blackheads, and reduces the number and severity of acne lesions.
- It works on both the increased skin cell formation and the inflammatory component of acne and acts as an anti-bacterial agent.
- Clinical studies have shown Epiduo™ Gel to be more effective than Retin-A and less irritating.
ONE POWERFUL FORMULATION = 3 ESSENTIAL ACTIONS:
- COMEDOLYTIC: Adapalene helps prevent formation new lesions
- ANTI-INFLAMMATORY: Adapalene decreases inflammatory lesions
- ANTI-BACTERIAL: Benzoyl Peroxide is a potent antimicrobial that destroys P acnes, the acne-causing bacteria.
- COMEDOLYTIC: Adapalene helps prevent formation new lesions
For NEW Epiduo clients only, to learn how to request an INITIAL Consult
Refill Consult for returning Epiduo Medical Wellness Center clients only
IMPORTANT WARNING: Do no use Epiduo™ Gel if Pregnant or breast feeding.
IMPORTANT WARNING: Do Not use is have eczema or seborrhoeic dermatitis.
MEDICAL WELLNESS CENTER PROVIDES:
- The easiest, most CONVENIENT, and DISCREET way to receive medical treatment for your most private health needs — All from the PRIVACY and comfort of your home or office!
- No waiting rooms, No embarrassment, No high fees!
- RISK-FREE Online Physician Evaluation. Learn if Epiduo Gel anti-acne medicine is for you. If Epiduo Gel is not for you the visit is FREE
- If approved, the Physician Consultation fee is only $49.95 plus processing. You will be issued an Epiduo Gel prescription with two refills with no further consultation charges.
- Prescription Purchase NOT REQUIRED – Do NOT be fooled by sites that offer free doctor consult and require medication purchase.
- You choose to fill your prescription at most any local US pharmacy of your choice. Choose a pharmacy that accepts your insurance. The prescription cannot be filled at a foreign, Canadian, internet or online pharmacy or a .COM version of a local pharmacy.
- If you choose EXPRESS service, your Epiduo Gel prescription will be waiting for you at your local pharmacy within approximately 24 hours.
HOW TO REQUEST A PHYSICIAN CONSULTATION FOR AN EPIDUO GEL GEL PRESCRIPTION:
If you have been diagnosed as suffering from Grade I – Grade III acne and are not using another prescription or non-prescription retinoid, Vitamin A or trinitoin product, Epiduo™ Gel may be for you. Medical Wellness Center’s Online Epiduo Gel Prescription offers an easy and convenient way to treat Grades I – III Acne Vulgaris, without time-consuming and costly doctor visits. If you have any health concerns in any way, you should contact your own physician for further advice.
- First read about Epiduo Gel and learn about its indications and contraindications
- If you do not have any of the contraindications, next read and agree to the Waiver of Liability.
- Next, accurately and truthfully complete and submit a medical consultation questionnaire
- Your medical consultation will be reviewed by one of our Physicians and if approved you will be issued a prescription for Epiduo Gel with two additional refills for treatment.
- After the initial 3 months of therapy, another medical consultation is necessary to determine your response to Epiduo® gel and whether you should continue on therapy.
- If Epiduo® is working for you, you will be prescribed Epiduo® with six refills on each follow-up medical consultation
- You can fill the prescription at most any local United States pharmacy of your choice.
- If you desire EXPRESS service, your prescription will be called into a local US pharmacy of your choice within approximately 24 hours.
- If you have any health concerns in any way, you should contact your own physician for further advice.
Tips for surviving acne:
- Cleanse your face regularly with a mild NON-soap cleanser such as Cetaphil, but not too often. No more than twice a day
- NEVER squeeze, pick, or pinch acne pimples or use sharp objects on them. This will only contribute to infection, inflammation, and scarring.
- If you use cosmetics or moisturizers, be sure they are “non-comedogenic” or “non-acnegenic.” Use oil-free cosmetics and moisturizers.
- Be patient as it can take several weeks or longer for your acne to clear and even longer for large pimples to fade completely.
- Use your acne medications regularly and consistently to help the formation of new pimples. Remember, once a pimple starts, it can stick around for weeks or months. It is easier to prevent new pimples from forming than to have to wait for existing ones to clear.
- Follow your doctor’s recommendations in caring for your skin.
- If your acne does not respond to treatment after 12 weeks consult your own physician immediately.
- In order for Epiduo Gel to be effective one must use it consistently as directed. If you get severe irritation or blistering discontinue use and consult your own physician.
EPIDUO GEL FAQ
WHAT IS EPIDUO™ GEL?
Epiduo™ Gel is the first and only once-daily topical combination acne treatment that contains two acne-fighting ingredients: adapalene ( a synthetic retinoid) and benzoyl peroxide (BPO). Adapalene is a medication similar to vitamin A that helps the skin renew itself. Benzoyl peroxide has an antibacterial effect and it also has a mild drying effect, which allows excess oils and dirt to be easily washed away from the skin. Each gram of Epiduo™ Gel contains 1 mg adapalene and 25 mg of benzoyl peroxide in an aqueous-based gel.
WHAT IS ACNE?
Acne vulgaris is the most common skin disease affecting over 85% of adolescents. But acne is not just a disease of adolescence. About 5 million adults in the US suffer from adult acne. It is a disorder of the skin’s sebaceous oil glands located at the base of the hair follicle, especially on the face, neck, chest, upper back, and shoulders.
Acne develops when a hair follicle (pore) gets plugged with excess oil which results in an outbreak of lesions commonly called pimples. The onset of acne coincides with puberty and an increase in hormones. Hormones continue to fluctuate throughout life. Consequently, Acne can show up at any age. The male hormone is associated with acne in both men and women.
Although acne is not a serious health threat, if not treated acne can cause permanent scarring.
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT GRADES OF ACNE?
Acne varies in severity from some whiteheads and blackheads (Grade I) to severe pustular and cystic acne (Grade IV). Aczone™ Gel is a recommended topical treatment of Grade I – Grade III acne vulgaris. Epiduo Gel is not indicated for those with Grade IV Acne where pustules and cysts predominate – severe pustular and deep cystic nodular acne is known as Acne Conglobulata.
ACNE- GRADE I: Comedones (whiteheads & blackheads) only
Grade I Acne is characterized by open comedones and closed comedones commonly referred to as blackheads (open comedones) and whiteheads (closed comedones). There are no inflammatory lesions, making scarring unlikely.
ACNE GRADE II: Comedones, papules and a few pastules
GRADE II Acne is characterized by mainly open and closed comedones (blackheads and whiteheads) and papules, with some pustules. Papules are the classic “pimple” that develops when bacteria beneath the skin produces redness and pus. These papules are small, granular lesions associated with the destruction of the epithelial lining of the sebaceous hair follicle wall. These may be inflammatory and scarring generally does not result.
ACNE- GRADE III: Comedones, papules, pustules, few nodules
Grade III acne is characterized by papules and pustules. Pustules have a yellowish, blister-like appearance and result from the breakdown of the follicle wall. Nodules are small, solid nodes detectable by touch. Scarring may be likely.
ACNE- GRADE IV:
GRADE IV: acne is characterized by a few comedones, some papules, and many pustules, nodules, cysts, and abscesses. This is a severe but not very common form of acne known as acne conglobata. Scarring exists and is generally severe. Aczone™ Gel is NOT prescribed for this condition as you need direct dermatologist supervision. You need to consult your doctor or dermatologist.
WHO IS SUSCEPTIBLE TO ACNE? ADULTS & TEENAGERS!
Acne is the most common skin disease affecting over 70 million people worldwide, over 17 million in the United States. Acne is not just an adolescent condition. Acne usually begins around puberty due to an increase in hormonal levels and usually tends to resolve within 10 years, but there is an increasing number of people, mostly women, who are being troubled by acne later in life. Acne affects nearly 85% of all adolescents and teens who are troubled with acne. Nearly 5 million American adults suffer from acne and women are twice as likely as men to develop adult acne. In women, an increase in hormones prior to their menstrual cycle tends to make acne worse.
WHY DO I NEED TO TREAT ACNE?
Although acne is not a serious life-threatening condition, if not treated acne can cause permanent scarring. Grade III and IV Acne with deep pustules and cysts result in scarring.
WHO QUALIFIES FOR AN ONLINE EPIDUO™ GEL CONSULTATION?
If you are 18 years or older, not pregnant or breastfeeding, and have been diagnosed by a physician with acne vulgaris – Grade I, II, or III you are eligible for an online Epiduo™ Gel physician consultation.
If you have Grade IV acne you need to see your physician or dermatologist.
HOW DOES EPIDUO™ GEL WORK TO TREAT ACNE?
Epiduo™ Gel is applied directly to the face or the affected area and it works by combining the effects of two powerful ingredients, adapalene and benzoyl peroxide, reducing controlling improper skin buildup and reducing the inflammatory component of acne, clearing clogged pores and it has an antibacterial effect. Acne forms when hormones trigger an abnormal accumulation of skin cells and an overproduction of oil in skin pores. The pores (hair follicle) become clogged, forming a plug, and enable bacteria to grow and comedones (whiteheads & blackheads) and papules and pustules and nodules (pimples) develop. It works by controlling the improper accumulation of skin cells that plug the pores and helping skin cells shed normally rather than allowing them to accumulate in pores. Epiduo™ Gel is effective at clearing up pimples, whiteheads, and blackheads by clearing the pores of oil-blocking skin cells.
- Works on existing acne.
- Helps to prevent new acne from forming by working to clear clogged pores.
- Reduces inflammation associated with acne.
- Reduces acne-causing bacteria.
WHAT MAKES EPIDUO™ GEL DIFFERENT FROM OTHER ACNE CREAMS AND GELS?
Epiduo™ Gel in addition to being the only FDA-approved topical acne medication to contain the unique and powerful combination of adapalene and benzoyl peroxide in a single product it also:
- Epiduo™ Gel simplifies acne treatment letting its two strong ingredients work for you just once a day application.
- Epiduo™ Gel is effective and designed to treat different types of acne.
- Epiduo™ Gel is a great value because it combines two powerful ingredients into one single prescription.
WHEN & FOR HOW OFTEN DO I USE EPIDUO™ GEL?
Epiduo™ Gel is applied to the skin just once a day either in the morning or in the evening before bedtime. Epiduo™ Gel must be used consistently as there is no instant or immediate cure for acne. Epiduo™ Gel is approved to be used on the face and or body. But do NOT apply to mucous membranes, lips, or eyes.
Step 1: Wash the affected area with a mild, gentle, non-soap cleanser such as a Cetaphil cleanser. Avoid harsh astringents and scrubs.
Step 2: Pat dry with a soft towel to remove excess water. Never rub harshly.
Step 3: Apply a pea-size amount of Gel. Spread a thin film evenly over the entire face, avoiding the eyes, lips, angles of the nose, and mucous membranes. Try not to touch the treated areas. Epiduo™ Gel can also be used on the trunk as well as the face.
Step 4: Wash your hands
With proper care and treatment, acne can be controlled and scarring may be prevented. Use Epiduo™ Gel exactly as prescribed. Applying excessive amounts or using the formulation more than once a day will not produce better results and may cause severe redness, peeling, and discomfort.
WHAT HAPPENS IF I MISS A DAY? CAN I JUST USE MORE EPIDUO™ GEL THE NEXT DAY?
Epiduo™ Gel is formulated for only once-daily use. It works best and has the lowest risk of possible side effects if used only once daily and “less is more.” Use only a pea-sized drop. Apply the missed dose as soon as you remember. But if it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then to apply for the medicine and skip the missed dose. Do NOT use extra medicine to make up for the missed dose. If you miss a day do not use larger amounts the next day as this increases the risk of irritation and will not speed up the healing process.
DOES EPIDUO™ GEL WORK WELL ON DARK SKIN?
Yes. Epiduo™ Gel is safe and effective on all skin colors.
HOW LONG BEFORE I SEE RESULTS?
Epiduo™ Gel affects cell accumulation and reduces the inflammatory response within the pores. During the first 1 – 2 weeks of treatment, your acne may appear to get worse. Don’t despair. This is expected and just means that the medication is working on pimples that you may not yet see. Continue using the product. It can take up 8 – 12 weeks before you start to see improvement and with continued use, further, improvement is expected. How long it takes to clear your pimples will depend on the severity of your acne. Larger pimples or more severe cases of acne may take longer to clear than milder cases. Use Epiduo™ Gel consistently even after your acne goes away on areas where outbreaks usually occur for prevention. If your acne does not start to improve within 12 weeks, check with your own doctor.
HOW DOES EPIDUO™ GEL DIFFER FROM RETIN-A & OTHER RETINOIC ACIDS?
Epiduo™ Gel is the only FDA-topical medication that combines the synthetic retinoid with benzoyl peroxide. It is a formulation of adapalene which is a new synthetic retinoid analog that has demonstrated greater effectiveness than the highest strength of topical Retin- A gel or other retinoid topical products. In addition, Epiduo™ Gel is MUCH GENTLER to your skin than other retinoid products with significantly less skin dryness and skin irritation. Adapalene functions in a manner similar to that of retinoid products but with greater effectiveness and less irritating side effects. Retinoid therapy has been recognized for more than 20 years to be excellent acne therapy, but its usage has been limited in many patients due to its side effects. Epiduo™ Gel has been shown to be more effective with better tolerance and fewer side effects.
Benefits of Epiduo™ Gel:
- excellent tolerability
- combines both adapalene with benzoyl peroxide in on easy application a day
- quick penetration into hair follicles where it can exert its anti-inflammatory and comedolytic effects
- Epiduo™ Gel is both formulated specifically for the special needs of patients with acne.
WHAT FACTORS PLAY A PREDISPOSING OR EXACERBATING ROLE IN ACNE?
Heredity plays a very important role. Acne is a hereditary disease. Most people with acne know someone in the family that also had it at some time. If both parents had severe acne, you too will have significant acne. If nobody in your family has bad acne, chances are you will not get severe acne. The acne skin that has overactive sebaceous glands with increased cellular and oil production is inherited and these are the precise factors that EPIDUO™ GEL work against and controls.
Hormones play a role and during adolescence, those prone to acne will begin to break out. Usually, the acne outbreaks subside within 10 years but may continue on into adulthood. Women are especially prone to outbreaks during the hormonal changes during their menstrual cycle. It is the male hormone in both males and females that is the cause the sebaceous oil gland to become overactive and result in acne outbreaks.
Stress: During stressful times such as school exams, deadlines, etc the male hormone in both males and females rise resulting in increased acne flare-ups.
Bacteria: The bacterium, Propionibacterium acnes, which grows beneath the skin thrives on the oil in the sebaceous gland and plays an important role in the changes of noninflammatory acne to inflammatory acne.
DO DIET or BAD HABITS CAUSE ACNE OUTBREAKS? MYTH or FACT?
From the beginning of the time-poor diet and a number of bad habits have been blamed as the leading causes for acne outbreaks. But the truth is that they have little or nothing to do with it. And while proper nutrition, exercise, and plenty of sleep are great for general health, they do not have anything to do with preventing or curing acne.
Myth: People who don’t wash enough get acne. If your skin is clean it won’t break out.
FACT: This is not true. Over-washing may actually irritate your skin. The blackheads are pores clogged with oil and an accumulation of skin cells within the pore, not dirt. Bacteria that reside under the skin (not on the surface of the skin) in the pores cause the inflammation of the hair follicles that contribute to the formation of pimples.
Myth: What you eat plays a big part in how your skin looks. For example, chocolate and greasy, fired “fast foods” cause your skin to break out or make your complexion worse.
FACT: Food is neither the cause nor the cure for acne, yet many acne sufferers have followed difficult diets for years. For the most part, the food that you eat has little to do with acne outbreaks. The notion that chocolate or greasy, fried fast foods lead to greasy skin is incorrect. The oils you ingest has nothing to do with oil manufactured in your skin by the sebaceous gland. Although chocolate and greasy foods causing acne is a myth, it is possible for an individual to have a unique sensitivity to a certain food. If you believe a particular food causes your acne to flare up, avoid it for at least 60 days and see if your acne improves.
CAN EPIDUO™ GEL BE USED ALONG WITH OTHER SKIN MEDICATIONS OR PRODUCTS?
- Epiduo™ Gel should not be used along with other anti-acne products containing Retinoid, retinoic acid, tretinoin, or Vitamin A such as Retin-A, Retinol, Renova, or Differin gel, cream or solution.
- Epiduo™ Gel should not be used with any skin products containing sulfur, resorcinol, or salicylic acid.
- Epiduo™ Gel should not be used with any abrasive or medicated soaps, astringents, alcohol, lime, or witch-hazel products, or any products that can be drying or irritating to the skin.
- Epiduo™ Gel should not be used with products containing alpha-hydroxy, hydroxy, or glycolic acid-containing products.
- Epiduo™ Gel can not be used with any peeling agents, glycolic peels, chemical peels, or laser peels.
- Epiduo™ Gel should not be used with benzoyl peroxide, Skinoren, or Azelex as they may be drying or irritating.
- Epiduo™ Gel should not be used with any hair removal products or waxes. Epiduo™ Gel can be used with topical anti-acne antibiotic treatments such as erythromycin, clindamycin, Dalacin-T, or Cleocin-T if applied in the morning and
- EPIDUO™ GEL is applied in the evening before bedtime. The two can not be applied at the same time. Always check with your prescribing doctor before adding
- EPIDUO™ GEL. Epiduo™ Gel can be used with non-oily noncomedogenic moisturizers and cosmetics
WHAT KIND OF CLEANSER SHOULD I USE WHILE USING EPIDUO™ GEL?
Acne is not caused by dirt, and too much vigorous washing can dry your skin or even aggravate your acne. Cleansing twice a day is sufficient with a mild, NONSOAP, fragrance-free cleanser such as Cetaphil® Cleansing Bars or Cetaphil® Gentle Skin Cleansers. Do not use medicated soaps and cleansers that have a strong drying effect.
CAN I WEAR MAKEUP WHILE USING EPIDUO™ GEL?
Yes, you can wear makeup. Do NOT use oil-based makeup or cosmetics that have an abrasive, drying, or peeling action. Make sure that when you buy cosmetics, moisturizers, or any other skin products they are labeled as “noncomedogenic” or “non-acnegenic.” This means that they are not likely to cause whiteheads or blackheads.
WHILE USING EPIDUO™ GEL SHOULD I USE A MOISTURIZER?
Since acne medication including EPIDUO™ GEL can be drying, it may be helpful to use a moisturizer. Use a mild, fragrance-free, non-oily, non-irritating moisturizer that is noncomedogenic. Make sure your moisturizer does NOT contain alpha hydroxy or glycolic acids, retinoid, retinol, vitamin A, tretinoin, or any other drying or irritating agent. Cetaphil® Moisturizers are a possible choice.
WHILE TAKING EPIDUO™ GEL CAN I USE TANNING BEDS OR SUNBATHE?
When using EPIDUO™ GEL, you must avoid all sun exposure possible because EPIDUO™ GEL makes your skin more sensitive to sunlight. Do NOT sunbathe. Do NOT use tanning beds or sunlamps. When using EPIDUO™ GEL you must ALWAYS take proper precautions to protect sun-exposed skin using sunblock, hats, and protective clothing. Never apply EPIDUO™ GEL to sunburned skin!
IS EPIDUO™ GEL SAFE FOR LONG-TERM USE?
Clinical data supports the safety and efficacy of Epiduo™ Gel over a period of 12 months.
WHAT ARE THE SIDE EFFECTS of EPIDUO™ GEL?
Epiduo™ Gel is gentle on the skin, but a percentage of patients do experience some skin irritation which is reversible when the treatment is discontinued or reduced in frequency. The most common side effects are erythema (redness), drying, scaling, irritation, pruritis (itching), burning, stinging, and acne flare-up. Most of these reactions are not severe and occur during the first month of treatment and resolve with continued use. A very small percentage of patients experience a feeling of stinging, pruritus, or burning immediately after application. During the initial weeks of therapy, if these adverse effects are too bothersome, you may try decreasing the frequency of use, and as your tolerance improves increase frequency to recommended once a day usage.
If severe irritation occurs, blistering, crusting or swelling discontinue use and check with your physician. Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction to Epiduo: difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
WHO SHOULD NOT USE EPIDUO™ GEL?
We will not prescribe Epiduo™ Gel to anyone under the age of 18. Also, Epiduo™ Gel should NOT be used by pregnant women, women attempting to become pregnant or women who are breast feeding.
In order to proceed to the medical consultation, you must go to the next section and read the complete list of contraindications. Then you must verify that you do not have any of the contraindications, you are not pregnant and are not breast feeding.
Before Proceeding to the Medical Consultation Form please read
CONTRAINDICATIONS, PRECAUTIONS and WARNINGS
and accept the Waiver of Liability
Epiduo™ Gel is the first FDA-approved new topical combination retinoid and benzoyl peroxide treatment for specifically designed acne and it’s gentle on the skin. Epiduo™ Gel use is CONTRAINDICATED and must NOT be used in anyone with the following conditions:
- Do NOT use Epiduo™ Gel if you are pregnant or attempting to become pregnant. Epiduo™ Gel may harm unborn baby.
- Epiduo™ Gel (adapalene/benzoyl peroxide) has been shown to cause fetal changes in animal studies.
- Do NOT use Epiduo™ Gel if you are breastfeeding.
- Do NOT use Epiduo™ Gel if you are allergic or sensitive to Adapalene any of the ingredients: acrylamide/sodium acryloyldimethyltaurate copolymer, docusate sodium, edetate disodium, glycerin, isohexadecane, poloxamer 124, polysorbate 80, propylene glycol, purified water, and sorbitan oleate.
- Epiduo™ Gel is contraindicated to be administered without direct dermatologist supervision if you have a severe case of acne Grade IV with pustules and cysts.
- Do NOT use Epiduo™ Gel if you have eczema, seborrheic dermatitis, or psoriasis skin conditions.
Do NOT use Epiduo™ Gel on broken or cut skin, abrasions, or sunburned skin.
- Do NOT use Epiduo™ Gel on lips, eyes, mouth, nose, or other mucous membranes
- Do NOT use Epiduo™ Gel with any skin products containing sulfur, resorcinol or salicylic acid.
- Do NOT use Epiduo™ Gel with hair removers, waxes, or skin products containing alcohol, astringents or lime.
- Do NOT use Epiduo™ Gel if you are being treated with Accutane, Retin-A, Retin-A Micro, Differin, Tretinoin, isotretinoin preparation, or other Vitamin retinoid products.
- Epiduo™ Gel is NOT approved for pediatric use for children under 12. We do NOT prescribe Epiduo™ Gel to anyone under the age of 18.
IMPORTANT PRECAUTIONS AND WARNINGS
- Epiduo™ Gel is ONLY approved for external TOPICAL use on the face, neck, chest, upper back and shoulders, and trunk. Avoid contact with eyes, lips, angles of the nose, and mucous membranes. Flush with water and seek medical attention!
- Epiduo™ Gel makes you more sensitive to sunlight. Avoid all sun exposure, including tanning beds and sunlamps. Always use sunscreen and protective clothing over treated areas.
- Do NOT use medicated soaps or abrasive cleansers. Use mild, non-soap, fragrance-free cleansers like Cetaphil® Cleansing Bars or Cetaphil® Gentle Skin Cleanser.
- Do NOT combine Epiduo™ Gel with any other retinoid, retinoic acid, tretinoin, or Vitamin A product such as Renova, Retin-A, Retinol, etc, or benzoyl peroxide product.
- Do NOT use Epiduo™ Gel with any alcohol-containing products, astringents, witch hazel, or lime that may be drying to your skin.
- Do NOT have any cosmetic peels, glycolic peels, or laser procedures while using Epiduo™ Gel.
- Do NOT use Epiduo™ Gel with any alpha-hydroxy, hydroxy, or glycolic acid products.
- Do NOT use any oil-based cosmetics or oil-based moisturizers. Make sure all cosmetics and moisturizers you use are noncomedogenic or non-acnegenic.
- Do NOT use Epiduo™ Gel with any skin products containing sulfur, resorcinol, or salicylic acid.
- Do NOT use Epiduo™ Gel with any skin products containing benzoyl peroxide, Skinoren, or Azelex as they may be drying or irritating.
- Avoid waxing or other depilatory methods on Epiduo™ Gel treated skin.
- Avoid exposure to cold and windy weather which may be irritating to patients under treatment.
- If you are experiencing skin irritation you may try decreasing the frequency of application until you can tolerate a once-daily application. If the skin irritation is severe with blistering and crusting DISCONTINUE USE and seek immediate medical attention from your regular physician.
- If you do not see any improvement or your condition continues to worsen after 12 weeks of treatment, discontinue use and see your own physician for evaluation and treatment.
- Epiduo™ Gel is to be used as part of a skincare regimen and needs to be used continuously to prevent acne outbreaks and scarring.
- Keep away from children.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
Epiduo™ Gel is indicated for the topical treatment of acne vulgaris in patients 12 years and older. Apply to the affected skin once per day, avoiding the eyes, lips, and mucous membranes. The most common adverse events associated with the use of Epiduo™ Gel are redness, scaling, dryness, stinging, and burning. In addition, you may also experience contact dermatitis and/or skin irritation. These side effects typically resolve during the first four weeks of treatment but speak to your doctor if they persist. You should avoid excessive exposure to sunlight and sunlamps while using Epiduo™ Gel, and using sunscreen products and protective clothing is recommended. Do not use irritating topical products that contain resorcinol, salicylic acid, or sulfur when using Epiduo™ Gel. Epiduo™ Gel has not been tested in pregnant or nursing women, or with the elderly. Pregnancy Category C. For safety do NOT use if pregnant or nursing.
ADVERSE REACTIONS – SIDE EFFECTS:
- The majority of patients using Epiduo™ Gel experience minimal side effects. Some patients experience erythema (redness), drying, scaling, irritation, pruritis (itching), burning, stinging, and acne flare-ups. A smaller percentage of patients experience a feeling of stinging, pruritus, or burning immediately after application. These side effects usually abate during continued use, and all side effects are reversible when the treatment is discontinued or reduced. If you experience increasing redness, swelling, blistering, or crusting, stop the use of Epiduo™ Gel and contact your doctor.
- If you get the medication in your eyes, rinse immediately with water and contact your regular physician!
- There are NO systemic effects when used appropriately.
IMPORTANT PATIENT INSTRUCTIONS
How to apply Epiduo™ Gel Gel 0.1%/2.5% – Easy to Use:
- Step 1: Wash. Use in the morning or right before bedtime. Gently cleanse the entire face and acne areas with a mild non-soap cleanser such as Cetaphil®.
- Step 2: Dry. Pat skin dry gently with a soft towel to remove excess water. Never rub harshly, as this may irritate the skin.
- Step 3: Apply a pea-size amount of Epiduo™ Gel gel to your face and other acne areas. Spread a thin film over the entire face avoiding the eyes, lips, angles of the nose, and mucous membranes. You may be tempted to use more than a dot, thinking it will work faster or better on your acne. Too much will not work better but may increase the potential for irritation.
- Apply Epiduo™ Gel only once a day in the morning or before bedtime.
- A percentage of patients feeling a burning or tingling sensation immediately after application.
- Some patients experience some drying, stinging, burning, etc, but if you experience a severe irritation decrease frequency of use until you can build up a tolerance. If you experience blistering or crusting discontinue use and seek medical attention from your own physician.
- It’s WORTH THE WAIT: During the first 2 weeks of treatment you may see an increase in acne, but by treatment week 8 – 12 you should start to see improvement in your acne. If you do not see any improvement by week 12, discontinue use and see your own doctor.
- Epiduo™ Gel must be used consistently in order to prevent and control acne outbreaks. Use it even after your acne goes away on areas where you usually have acne outbreaks.
I DO NOT HAVE ANY OF THE ABOVE CONTRAINDICATIONS:
In order for Medical Wellness Center Physicians to provide you with the best care, you need to reply honesty to all questions and you need to understand any and all contraindications, risks and side effects associated with Epiduo™ Gel prescription
By accepting “I Agree” means that you have read the above contraindication, precautions, and warnings and honestly acknowledge that you do not have any of the above contraindications to Epiduo™ Gel therapy. Also, that I am aware of the side effects! I fully understand that Epiduo™ Gel is prescribed for Grade I – Grade III acne. Epiduo™ Gel is contraindicated in anyone who is hypersensitive to adapalene or any of its components, has eczema, seborrhea dermatitis, psoriasis, or is under age 18. I understand that it is solely my responsibility to seek diagnostic and medical treatment for any underlying medical conditions from my own regular primary care physician.