Topical Compounded Finasteride
FDA-Approved Proven ingredient to STOP Hair Loss and REGROW Hair!.
- If you suffer from Male Pattern Baldness, topical finasteride may be the answer!
- Propecia(finasteride) is the first FDA approved oral drug for Men proven to STOP hair loss and REGROW hair!
- Topical finasteride delivers the active ingredient directly to the scalp hair follicle without the systemic side effects
- Exclusively compouned by Murray Avenue Apothecary** and Available by prescription only!
Male pattern hair loss is a relentlessly, progressive condition. In fact, hair thinning of beings in one’s early 20’s progressing to a receding hair line and then typical male pattern baldness. Finasteride is the active ingredient in Propecia, the first FDA-approved, oral drug that STOPS hair loss and regrows hair in over 80% of men. Men who are genetically predisposed to hair loss can prevent significant loss by starting finasteride early.
For NEW Topical Finasteride clients only, to learn how request an INITIAL Consult
Refill Consult for returning Topical Finasteride Medical Wellness Center clients only
IMPORTANT WARNING: Finasteride is for MEN ONLY! NO Woman or child should ever use or come in contact with topical finasteride solution .
IMPORTANT WARNING: Pregnant or potentially pregnant women should not handle or touch broken pills or touch the finasteride solution. Absorbing the active ingredient finasteride by a woman pregnant with a male baby, could result in abnormalities in the male baby’s sex organs
IMPORTANT WARNING: Finasteride can reduce PSA levels. Therefore, men taking using finasteride (even topical formulation) must inform all treating physicians so that appropriate adjustments can be made when monitoring PSA levels for cancer-related changes.
MEDICAL WELLNESS CENTER PROVIDES:
Simple, Convenient & Confidential Online Physician consultations for topical finasteride solution to stop male pattern hair loss from your PC!
- RISK-FREE Online Physician Evaluation to determine eligibility for topical finasteride.
- If approved the medical consultation fee is only $49.95 plus processing and you will be issues a prescription for six months of treatment
- If you do not qualify for a topical finasteride prescription, your visit is FREE.
- Do NOT be fooled by sites that offer free doctor consultation and require medication purchase.
- Since this formulation is exclusively compounded by Murray Avenue Apothecary, your prescription is forwarded to the pharmacy and they will contact you to arrange for shipping.
- If you are requesting your medication to be shipped out of the United States, you must contact Murray Avenue Apothecary first to confirm that they can ship to your location (412-421-4996 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Express service available: Your topical finasteride prescription will be forwarded to Murray Avenue Apothecary within approximately 24 hours.
- If topical finasteride is working for you, after your first six months you can request Refill consultation for a one year prescription.
HOW TO REQUEST A PHYSICIAN CONSULTATION FOR A TOPICAL FINASTERIDE PRESCRIPTION:
- Read About finasteride to learn more about its indications and contraindications.
- Read and Agree to the Waiver of Liability.
- Accurately and truthfully complete and submit a medical consultation questionnaire
- Your medical consultation will be reviewed by one of our Physicians. If our physicians approve your medical evaluation, you will be issued a prescription for with 6 months of refills with no further consultation fees.
- You can choose either 0.1% or 0.05% strength topical finasteride solution.
- Since this is an exclusive formulation compounded by Murray Avenue Apothecary, your prescription will be forwarded to the pharmacy and they will contact you.
- You can choose either Regular service, prescription forwarded within 3 -7 business days, or EXPRESS service, prescription forwarded within approximately 24 hours.
- If finasteride is working for you, you can request a follow-up online medical consultation and if if approved will receive a prescription refillable for up to 12 months.
- If you have any health concerns in any way, you should contact your own physician for further advice.
The initial consultation fee for the physician evaluation is only $49.95 plus procesing if you are approved for treatment, otherwise it’s free. If you find finasteride is working for you, yearly medical refill consultations are only $75.00 plus processing for one year of refills. Medical Wellness Center’s Online topical finasteride Consultation makes it easy for you to safely and effectively treat male pattern baldness from the convenience and privacy of your PC without time-consuming and costly doctor visits.
FAQ About topical finasteride
WHAT IS MALE PATTERN HAIR LOSS?
Male pattern baldness, androgenetic alopecia, is a very common condition in which men begin to experience thinning of the hair on the scalp. These changes often start slowly in men in their 20’s and often progress to a receding hairline and/or balding on the top of the head. Male pattern baldness is believed to be hereditary and dependent on hormonal effects.
WHAT IS FINASTERIDE & HOW DOES IT WORK?
Finasteride is the active ingredient in Propecia, the first oral drug approved by the FDA to treat male pattern baldness. Men with male pattern baldness have increased levels of the hormone DHT and the hair follicles in the balding areas of the scalp become miniaturized. Propecia is a specific inhibitor of Type II 5 alpha-reductase enzyme which is the enzyme responsible for the peripheral production of DHT. Therefore, finsteride interrupts a key factor in the development of androgenetic or male pattern baldness.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ORAL PROPECIA AND TOPICAL FINASTERIDE?
Finasteride is the active ingredient in Propecia and Proscar. Topical finasteride works locally on the scalp hair follicle and has less potential for side effects. Do not combine topical finasteride with oral finasteride or dutasteride or topical dutasteride.
WILL FINSTERIDE WORK FOR ME? WHAT ARE THE INDICATIONS?
In over 80% of men with Male pattern baldness in the vertex and anterior mid-scalp area, clinical studies have shown that Propecia stops further hair loss and/or increases the number of scalp hairs resulting in significant hair re-growth filling in thin or balding areas of the scalp.
HOW LONG BEFORE I SEE RESULTS?
Hair grows only about ½ inch per month, therefore patients start to notice results after the first 3 months of treatment. It takes time to see improvement. Also, for those just starting to have hair thinning, using topical finasteride in the early stages can prevent or dramatically slow further hair loss.
HOW LONG DO I HAVE TO USE TOPICAL FINASTERIDE?
The underlying predisposition to baldness is always present. Therefore, if a patient discontinues the use of finsteride, he will gradually lose the new hair that grew in response to finsteride treatment and will experience the progression of his underlying predisposition to baldness.
WHEN DO I USE FINASTERIDE?
Finasteride is applied to the scalp once a day. You can use it either in the morning or evening on a dry scalp. Allow to dry completely before using any other topical medication on your scalp. Also, to prevent transference to children or your partner, allow solution to completely dry before coming in contact with pillows or others.
WHAT ARE THE SIDE EFFECTS OF FINASTERIDE?
Most men, over 98%, experience NO side effects. Less than 2% of men experience possibly related sexual side effects such as less desire for sex, decrease the amount of semen, etc. These possible side effects disappeared in most men who continued to take the drug Propecia and completely disappeared in men who stopped taking Propecia. Using topical finasteride should significantly decrease any of these possible systemic side effects seen with oral use
In order to proceed to the medical consultation, you must proceed to the next section and read the complete list of contraindications. Then you must verify that you do not have any of the contraindications and understand that any pregnant or potentially pregnant woman must not even touch any broken or crushed pills.
Under NO circumstance is any woman or a child under the age of 18 to use finsteride.
Before Proceeding to the Medical Consultation Form please read
CONTRAINDICATIONS, PRECAUTIONS and WARNINGS
and accept the Waiver of Liability
- Anyone with any liver function abnormalities, liver disease, hepatitis, or any other medical disorder of liver function including but not limited to cirrhosis of the liver, liver cancer, jaundice, etc. should not using finasteride.
- If you have any questions about your medical condition, consult your primary care physician before using finasteride.
- Hypersensitivity to finasteride or any ingredient in the compounded formulation. For specific ingredients or requests you can contact the Murray Avenue Apothecary directly (email@example.com).
- Absolutely no one under the age of 18 should use finasteride.
- Absolutely no female should use finasteride under any circumstances.
IMPORTANT WARNING: Finasteride is for MEN ONLY! NO Woman or child should ever take Propecia or Proscar.
IMPORTANT WARNING: Pregnant or potentially pregnant women should not handle or touch broken pills or come in contact with finasteride solution. Absorbing the active ingredient finasteride by a woman pregnant with a male baby could result in abnormalities in the male baby’s sex organs.
IMPORTANT WARNING: Finsteride can affect the blood test for the screening of Prostrate Cancer, the PSA (Prostate-Specific Antigen). It is very important that if you have a PSA test done, you need to tell your doctor that you are using topical finasteride. Finasteride has no effects on prostate cancer nor is it associated with cancer, it just can affect the reading of the test results. Therefore, in order to have an accurate screening test, the doctor must be aware that you are using topical finasteride.
IMPORTANT WARNING: Do NOT combine topical finasteride with either oral or topical dutasteride or oral Propecia/Proscar!
I DO NOT HAVE ANY OF THE ABOVE CONTRAINDICATIONS:
In order for Medical Wellness Center Physicians to provide you with the best care you need to reply honesty to all questions and you need to understand any and all risks and side effects associated with finasteride.
By accepting “I Agree” means that you have read the above contraindication and warnings and honestly acknowledge that you do not have any of the above contraindications to finasteride therapy. Also, I am aware that I need to inform my doctor that I am taking finasteride if I have a PSA blood test.
**Medical Wellness Center is not affiliated or associated with Murray Avenue Apothecary. Murray Avenue Apothecary is a privately owned pharmacy and is completely independent of Medical Wellness Center. Medical Wellness Center provides customized treatments based on almost 20 years experience treating male pattern hair loss, and they forward all compounded hair loss prescriptions exclusively to Murray Avenue Apothecary because of the integrity and reliability of this United States based, privately owned, local pharmacy; the experience of Susan Merenstein, the compounding pharmacist; and that this pharmacy only uses FDA approved ingredients.