First Line of Defense for Patients with High Susceptibility to Dental Cavities
STOP Decay From Becoming Cavities!
- PREVIDENT 5000 Plus dental cream is a prescription-strength 1.1% FLUORIDE toothpaste
- Clinically proven to prevent cavities
- Decreases sensitivity in teeth
- Can strengthen, harden, and remineralize tooth enamel in 3 months
- Available by prescription only
COMBINES THE CLEANING POWER OF A TOOTHPASTE WITH MAXIMUM STRENGTH FLuoRIDE FOR PROTECTION FROM CAVITIES.
Prevident 5000 Plus topical fluoride prescription tooth paste is a new and improved topical fluoride prescription toothpaste for the prevention of dental cavities. It is clinically proven to STOP the decay from becoming cavities after only 3 months of proper use. In addition, it remineralizes and hardens tooth enamel.
This prescription toothpaste stops tooth decay from progressing.
If you have previously been diagnosed with high susceptibility to dental carries, Prevident topical fluoride prescription toothpaste may be for you.
For NEW Prevident clients only, to learn how to request an INITIAL Consult
Refill Consult for returning Prevident Medical Wellness Center clients only
IMPORTANT WARNING: Do NOT use Prevident if you are pregnant or breast feeding
IMPORTANT WARNING: NEVER swallow prevident 5000 plus toothpaste or prevident gel. If you accidentally swallow more than about 25mg, contact local emergency assistance. If swallow a small amount, milk is an antidote.
IMPORTANT WARNING: Do NOT use Prevident if have kidney disease, on a doctor-prescribed low-sodium diet, or if allergic to sodium flouride.
MEDICAL WELLNESS CENTER PROVIDES:
- The easiest and most CONVENIENT way to receive medical treatment – All from the PRIVACY and comfort of your home or office!
- No waiting rooms, No embarrassment, No high fees!
- NO-RISK Online Physician Evaluation. Learn if Prevident is for you.
- If approved, the Physician Consultation fee is only $49.95 plus processing. You will be issued a prescription for Prevident with six additional refills without any further consultation fees..
- Do NOT be fooled by sites that offer free doctor consultation and require medication purchase.
- Prescription Purchase NOT REQUIRED. You choose most any local US pharmacy of your choice to fill your prescription! The prescription can not be filled at an online or internet pharmacy, a .COM version of a local pharmacy, or at a foreign or Canadian pharmacy. Choose a local United States pharmacy that accepts your insurance coverage.
- If you choose EXPRESS service, your Prevident prescription will be waiting for you at your local pharmacy within approximately 24 hours.
- If Prevident is not for you, the online visit is FREE.
HOW TO REQUEST A PHYSICIAN CONSULTATION FOR A PREVIDENT PRESCRIPTION:
- First read about Prevident to learn more about its indications and contraindications.
- If you do not have any of the contraindications, next read and agree to the Waiver of Liability.
- Next, accurately and truthfully complete and submit a medical consultation questionnaire and indicate whether you want a prescription for Prevident 5000 Plus toothpaste or Prevident Gel.
- Your medical consultation will be reviewed by one of our Physicians. If approved, you will issued a Prevident prescription with six additional refills which you can fill at most any local US pharmacy of your choice.
- If you desire EXPRESS service your prescription will be called into a pharmacy of your choice within approximately 24 hours.
- The consultation fee is only $49.95 plus processing. If not approved for Prevident, there is NO charge.
- If you have any health concerns in any way, you should contact your own physician for further advice.
REDUCE YOUR RISK OF DENTAL CARIES:
- Brush and floss at least twice daily
- Visit your dental professional regularly, at least every 6 months, for professional cleanings.
- Follow your dentist’s instructions, daily hygiene, and regular visits.
- Use Prevident once daily before bedtime. Prevident 5000 Plus is used in place of toothpaste after flossing. Prevident gel is used after flossing and brushing with your regular toothpaste. NEVER swallow. Prevident and do NOT rinse for at least 30 minutes after use.
- In order for Prevident to be effective, one must continue with good oral and dental hygiene: regular flossing and brushing of teeth to remove bacteria and any plaque buildup and routine dental visits for professional cleaning.
- Prevident does NOT take the place of good oral hygiene and regular visits to your dentist.
WHAT IS PREVIDENT AND HOW DOES IT WORK?
Prevident is a prescription strength, self-applied, 1.1% sodium fluoride topical paste or gel that is clinically proven to help prevent dental cavities. In addition, it helps STOP decay from becoming cavities after only 3 months of proper use.
- Prevident helps prevent cavities and tooth decay
- Prevident decreases sensitivity in teeth
- Prevident remineralize, hardens and strengthens tooth enamel.
Prevident aids in the prevention of cavities by increasing the tooth’s resistance to acid dissolution while enhancing penetration of the fluoride ion into tooth enamel. Prevident strengthens tooth enamel by enhancement of enamel remineralization and this helps to prevent cavities.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PREVIDENT 5000 PLUS CREAM AND PREVIDENT GEL?
Prevident topical 1.1% fluoride comes in toothpaste cream and a gel.
Prevident 5000 Plus cream is the NEW and improved topical fluoride toothpaste. The cream combines the cleaning power of a toothpaste with a maximum-strength fluoride for dental caries protection.
Prevident gel is also a 1.1% topical fluoride but it is not a dentrifice and has NO cleaning power.
The main difference between the gel and the cream toothpaste is that Prevident 5000 Plus can be used instead of toothpaste. In contrast, one must first brush with toothpaste before using Prevident gel.
Both Prevident toothpaste cream and Prevident gel must NEVER be swallowed! Prevident also comes in an oral rinse which is used only once per week. We do NOT prescribe the Prevident oral rinse online due to potential toxicity.
WHAT ARE THE INDICATIONS FOR PREVIDENT USE?
Prevident self-applied topical fluoride is indicated for anyone with a high susceptibility to dental cavities. There are NO disadvantages to using Prevident. Prevident helps prevent cavities, strengthens tooth enamel and decreases tooth sensitivity. Prevident topical fluoride must be used in conjunction with routine dental visits and daily dental hygiene. Always consult with your physician and/or dental health professional prior to using any medication.
WHEN AND HOW DO I USE PREVIDENT TOPICAL FLUORIDE?
Both Prevident 5000 Plus and Prevident gel are used once daily prior to bedtime.
- Use either the Prevident fluoride gel or paste immediately after brushing and or flossing, just prior to going to sleep. If you are using Prevident 5000 Plus toothpaste you can choose to use it instead of brushing first with regular toothpaste. If using the Gel you must first brush your teeth with toothpaste.
- Apply a small ribbon of the gel or paste on your toothbrush and gently message it into the teeth and gum line on the outside and inside surfaces for 2 minutes. Spit it all out after use and DO NOT SWALLOW. Do NOT rinse your mouth after using Prevident.
- Do not eat or drink or rinse your mouth for 30 minutes after using this Prevident medicine.
- Use Prevident once daily as described before bedtime.
HOW LONG BEFORE I SEE RESULTS?
Prevident is clinically proven to help stop decay from becoming cavities after only 3 months of proper use. Significant remineralization of root caries occurs in just 3 months and continues to strengthen tooth enamel prevent dental carries with continued usage.
WHAT IF I MISS A PREVIDENT DOSE?
If you miss a dose of this medicine and you are using it regularly, there is no cause for concern. Skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose of fluoride topical.
WHAT SHOULD I AVOID WHILE USING PREVIDENT TOPICAL?
Do NOT eat or drink or rinse your mouth for 30 minutes after using fluoride topical.
Do NOT SWALLOW Prevident topical gel or toothpaste, always spit it ALL out and never rinse.
There are no other restrictions on food, beverages or activities while using Prevident.
ARE THERE ANY DRUG INTERACTIONS WITH PREVIDENT?
There are no known drug interactions, but always check with your pharmacist before taking any other prescription or over-the-counter medicines or herbal/health supplements.
WHAT ARE THE POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS OF PREVIDENT?
If you experience mouth or gum irritation while using Prevident discontinue use and consult your physician or dentist. If you notice changes in the color or appearance of your teeth notify your dentist.
Stop using Prevident and seek immediate emergency medical attention if you experience a rare allergic reaction such as difficulty breathing, swelling of your lips, tongue or face, or hives.
If accidentally swallowed, stomach upset, headache, weakness, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or muscle twitches may occur – contact your own physician.
WHAT IF I SWALLOW AND OVERDOSE?
NEVER swallow. If accidentally swallowed symptoms of a burning mouth and sore tongue may occur immediately, milk is an immediate antidote. Within 30 minutes after ingestion symptoms of overdose may include nausea, vomiting, excess saliva, stomach pain, diarrhea, irritability, seizures and loss of consciousness. These symptoms may persist for 24 hours. If more than approximately 2.5 mg fluoride/lb body weight has been ingested seek immediate emergency medical assistance. A treatment dose of a thin ribbon of Prevident 5000 Plus contains 2.5 mg fluoride. A 1.8 oz tube contains 255mg fluoride.
WHERE SHOULD I STORE PREVIDENT?
Prevident should be stored at room temperature away from heat and light. As with all medications, KEPT OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN.
WHO SHOULD NOT USE PREVIDENT?
Do NOT use Prevident if you are pregnant or attempting to become pregnant. Prevident is a Pregnancy category B drug and no controlled human studies have been done in pregnant woman. However, heavy exposure of the fetus in utero to fluoride can result in skeletal fluorosis which becomes evident in childhood.
Do NOT use Prevident if you are breast feeding.
Do NOT take Prevident if you are allergic or have hypersensitivity to sodium fluoride
If you have gum disease, Prevident may be irritating to the gums, always check with your dentist or physician before using any medication.
Do NOT take PREVIDENT if you have kidney problems.
Do NOT use if you are on a LOW-SALT or SALT-FREE diet.
Prevident is NOT to be used in children or anyone under the age of 6. Children age 6 -16 are required to RINSE after using Prevident, while adults must NOT rinse. Although Prevident is approved for use in children over age 6, this must be done under DIRECT physician supervision and we do NOT prescribe Prevident to anyone under age 18.
NEVER SWALLOW PREVIDENT FLUORIDE TOPICAL!
We will not prescribe PREVIDENT to anyone under the age of 18. PREVIDENT should NOT be used by pregnant women, women attempting to become pregnant or women who are breast feeding, anyone with kidney disease, or anyone on a physician prescribed Low-salt or Salt-free diet.
In order to proceed to the medical consultation, you must go to the next section and read the complete list of contraindications. Then you must verify that you do not have any of the contraindications, you are not pregnant, not breast feeding, do not have kidney disease, and are not on a physician-prescribed low-sodium diet
Before Proceeding to the Medical Consultation Form please read
CONTRAINDICATIONS, PRECAUTIONS and WARNINGS
and accept the Waiver of Liability
Anyone with the following conditions or taking the following medications should not use Prevident.
- Do not use Prevident if you are pregnant or trying to become pregnant, because high exposure to fluoride in utero can result in skeletal fluorosis which becomes evident in childhood. Prevident is a Pregnancy B category drug, and no controlled human studies have been done in pregnant woman
- Do not use Prevident if you are breast feeding!
- Do not use Prevident if you are allergic or hypersensitive to sodium fluoride.
- Do not use Prevident if you are allergic to any of the inactive ingredients in Prevident gel or cream: purified water, sorbitol, hydrated silica, PEG-12, tetrapotassium, pyrophosphate, sodium lauryl sulfate, xantham gum, sodium benzoate, hydroxyethylcellulose, pluronic F-127, sodium saccharin, methyl paraben, titanium dioxide, propylparaben
- Do not use Prevident if you have kidney disease.
- Do not use Prevident if you are on a doctor-prescribed Low-Salt or Salt-Free Diet.
- Prevident is not approved for use in children under age 6, and children ages 6 – 16 are required to RINSE their mouth after using Prevident. Medical Wellness Center does NOT prescribe Prevident online to anyone under age 18. In children Prevident use needs to be directly supervised and monitored by a physician as dental fluorosis and serious and possibly fatal side effects can occur.
WARNINGS & PRECAUTIONS:
- Keep this medication out of reach of children, fluoride in too high doses can be toxic to children.
- Do NOT exceed the recommended dose.
- NEVER SWALLOW PREVIDENT. If accidentally swallow a small amount of Prevident (typical dosage of Prevident contains about 2.5 mg of fluoride) you may experience immediate burning of the mouth and tongue and within 30 minutes you may experience nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, diarrhea. Milk is an immediate antidote. If you ingest 2.5mg fluoride/lb body weight (a 1.8 oz tube of Prevident contains 255mg) seek immediate emergency assistance as seizures and loss of consciousness can result.
- In general fluoride supplementation is not recommended if the level of fluoride in your drinking water is greater than 0.7ppm. But according to Colgate the manufacturer of Prevident, Prevident topical fluoride gel or cream may be used by ADULTS even in areas where the drinking water is fluoridated since topical fluoride cannot produce fluorosis.
- If you experience gum irritation, discontinue use of Prevident and consult your physician or dentist.
- If you notice changes in the color or appearance of your teeth contact your dentist.
- Nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, diarrhea, headache or muscle twitches may occur if a regular treatment dose of medication is accidentally swallowed. If these symptoms occur, contact your doctor, milk is an immediate antidote.
IMPORTANT PATIENT INSTRUCTIONS
Prevident 5000 Plus or Prevident gel is to be used as an adjunct treatment to your regular daily dental hygiene routine and along with regular visits to your dental professional. Prevident use helps to strengthen tooth enamel and prevent dental carries.
If using Prevident gel you must always brush your teeth first with your regular toothpaste as the topical gel formulation is not a dentrifice cleaning agent. If using Prevident 5000 Plus cream you can use this in place of your regular toothpaste as this formulation combines the cleaning power of a toothpaste with a maximum-strength fluoride. When using Prevident 5000 Plus in place of toothpaste you must NOT rinse your mouth nor swallow after brushing. You must expectorate and spit out the Prevident.
- Always use Prevident just before bedtime after brushing and or flossing your teeth. Brush thoroughly and rinse mouth as usual before using Prevident.
- Apply a small ribbon of Prevident 5000 plus or Prevident gel on your toothbrush and gently message it into your teeth at the gum line mainly on the outside and inside surfaces for 2 minutes.
- Make sure you expectorate and SPIT it all out. NEVER SWALLOW.
- Do NOT rinse your mouth after using Prevident.
- Do not eat or drink or rinse your mouth for 30 minutes after using Prevident.
- Use Prevident once daily.
I DO NOT HAVE ANY OF THE ABOVE CONTRAINDICATIONS:
In order for Medical Wellness Center Physicians to provide you with the best care you need to reply honesty to all questions and you need to understand any and all risks and side effects associated with Prevident.
By accepting “I Agree” means that you have read the above contraindication and warnings and honestly acknowledge that you do not have any of the above contraindications to Prevident therapy. Also, that I am aware that I need to inform my doctor and dental professional that I am taking Prevident.
Start Your Online Consult Now!
Where Alternative and Traditional Medicine Come Together for Total Wellness
MEDICAL WELLNESS CENTER: ONLINE HEALTH CARE & PRESCRIPTIONS
IMPORTANT NOTE: This is a summary and does not contain all possible information about this product. For complete information about this product or your specific health needs, ask your health care professional. Always seek the advice of your health care professional if you have any questions about this product or your medical condition. This information is not intended as individual medical advice and does not substitute for the knowledge and judgment of your health care professional. This information does not contain any assurances that this product is safe, effective, or appropriate for you.