2% Nizoral Shampoo (Ketoconazole)
Treats Dandruff and Male Pattern Hair Loss
American Academy of Dermatology: increases hair thickness & decreases shedding!
- 2% Nizoral shampoo, the #1 choice of doctors to treat dandruff, has now been shown to be effective as a Hair Loss Remedy for Male Pattern Hair loss!
- Prescription Nizoral Shampoo can be used alone or best in combination with Propecia or Avodart and Prescription strength 15% -12% Minoxidi.
- If you suffer from Male Pattern Baldness or Dandruff, prescription strength 2% Nizoral Shampoo can help prevent hair loss and improve the scalp condition.
- Nizoral Shampoo (ketoconazole) is a potent anti-dandruff and anti-hair loss shampoo.
- Medical studies published in 1998 have shown that 2% Nizoral Shampooincreases hair thickness, decreases hair shedding, and increases the number of anagen-phase hair follicles on the scalp (growing hairs).
- Prescription strength Nizoral Shampoo can be used alone as a treatment for male pattern hair loss. Although, it is most effective when used along with Propecia or Avodart and/or prescription strength Minoxidil to enhance the effectiveness of both.
- Propecia and Avodart are SYSTEMIC treatments for male pattern hair loss.
- Nizoral Shampoo is for TOPICAL use only! Leave your hair soft, healthy and clean!
- Nizoral Shampoo is prescribed online for Male Patern Hair Loss and Dandruff for adults over 18 yrs.
- Men who are genetically predisposed to male pattern baldness can prevent significant hair loss by the following: begin to use prescription strength Nizoral shampoo alone or along with topical 15% or 12.5% Minoxidil and systemic Propecia or Avodart at the first signs of hair thinning.
For NEW Nizoral clients only, to learn how to request an INITIAL Consult
Refill Consult for returning Nizoral Medical Wellness Center clients only
IMPORTANT WARNING: Do NOT use if Pregnant, potentially pregnant or breast feeding. Nizoral has shown birth defects in animals.
IMPORTANT WARNING: Male Pattern Baldness in WOMEN can be a sign of a serious and life-threatening underlying illness!
MEDICAL WELLNESS CENTER PROVIDES:
- Simple, Convenient & Confidential Online Physician consultations for prescription strength Nizoral Shampoo.
- RISK-FREE Online Physician Evaluation to determine eligibility for prescription-strength Nizoral.
- If approved the medical consultation fee to Medical Wellness Center is only $49.95 plus processing.
- If you do not qualify for a Nizoral prescription, your online visit is FREE and there is NO charge.
- Do NOT be fooled by sites that offer free doctor consultation and require medication purchases.
- No medication purchase required – You will be issued a prescription for 2% Nizoral shampoo with six refills.
- You can choose to fill your prescription at most any local US pharmacy of your choice. The prescription cannot be filled at an online internet pharmacy, a .Com version of a local pharmacy, a foreign or Canadian pharmacy.
- Express Service: Have your prescription called into your local U.S. pharmacy in approximately 24 hours & start using Nizoral shampoo tomorrow!
HOW TO REQUEST A PHYSICIAN CONSULTATION FOR 2% NIZORAL SHAMPOO PRESCRIPTION:
- Read About prescription strength Nizoral shampoo to learn more about its indications and contraindications.
- Read and Agree to the Waiver of Liability.
- Accurately and truthfully complete and submit a medical consultation questionnaire.
- Your medical consultation will be reviewed by one of our Physicians. If approved the consultation fee to Medical Wellness Center is only $49.95 plus processing, if not approved there is no charge.
- You will be issued a prescription for 2% Nizoral Shampoo with six refills.
- You can choose to receive a written prescription by mail in approximately 7- 15 days which you can fill at most any local United States pharmacy. The prescription can not be filled at an online or internet pharmacy, a .COM version of a local pharmacy, a foreign pharmacy or a Canadian pharmacy.
- Or you can choose EXPRESS Service. Your prescription will be called into a local United States pharmacy of your choice within approximately 24 hours and you can start using Nizoral the next day.
- If the medication is working for you, yearly medical refill consultations are only $75.00 plus processing for one year of refills.
- If you have any health concerns in any way, you should contact your own physician for further advice.
Medical Wellness Center’s Online Nizoral Shampoo Rx Consultation makes it easy for you to safely and effectively treat male pattern baldness from the convenience and privacy of your PC without time-consuming and costly doctor visits.
NIZORAL SHAMPOO FAQ:
WHAT IS MALE PATTERN HAIR LOSS?
Male pattern baldness, androgenic alopecia, is a very common condition in which men begin to experience thinning of the hair on the scalp. These changes often start slowly in men in their 20’s and often progress to a receding hairline and/or balding on the top of the head. Male pattern baldness is believed to be hereditary and dependent on hormonal effects. The primary cause of Male Pattern hair loss and baldness is due to Dihydrotestosterone (DHT) which is produced by 5-alpha reductase conversion of testosterone to DHT and leads to miniaturization of the hair follicle.
WHAT IS 2% NIZORAL SHAMPOO?
Nizoral Shampoo is a clean pleasant fragrant shampoo that is PH balanced and leaves your hair soft, healthy and clean. Ketoconazole, an anti-fungal agent, is the key ingredient. Nizoral is the #1 choice of doctors to treat dandruff and recent research has shown that prescription strength Nizoral Shampoo has benefits in the treatment of Male Pattern Hair loss. Regular use of 2% can prevent hair loss.
HOW DOES NIZORAL SHAMPOO WORK?
Nizoral Shampoo in addition to being an anti-fungal agent has anti-androgenic effects that benefit in the treatment of Male Pattern Hair Loss. Nizoral helps to increase hair thickness and decrease shedding by two mechanisms:
1. Nizoral reduces scalp DHT by inhibiting the binding of DHT to hair follicles and helps block the conversion of testosterone to DHT.
2. In addition Nizoral is believed to remove sebum deposits that are not removed with normal scalp cleansing techniques. These fatty sebum deposits lie on the scalp and appear to clog the hair follicles and reduce the nutritional supply to the follicle.
WILL NIZORAL WORK FOR ME?
Nizoral shampoo is prescribed online for MEN 18 years or older experiencing gradual thinning and hair loss – ANDROGENIC Male Pattern Baldness. Research studies presented at the American Academy of Dermatology who that 2% Nizoral increased hair thickness, decreased shedding, and increased the number of anagen-growth phase hair follicles on the scalp. When used regularly Nizoral helps prevent hair loss and improves the scalp condition. The response to Nizoral varies greatly for each person and can not be predicted.
CAN NIZORAL BE USED ALONG WITH PROPECIA OR AVODART OR MINOXIDIL?
Treating male pattern hair loss with multiple modalities – topical Nizoral and systemic 5-alpha reductase inhibitors Propecia or Avodart may work synergistically to enhance the effectiveness of treatment and promote hair regrowth. Oral ketoconazole is absolutely contraindicated with Propecia and Avodart. Topical Nizoral ketoconazole shampoo, when used as directed, has no significant systemic absorption and can be used along with other medications including Propecia or Avodart or topical Minoxidil.
Topical prescription strength Nizoral helps to reduce scalp DHT levels and removes sebum deposits allowing more nutrients to reach the hair follicle. Propecia and Avodart, both 5 alpha- reductase inhibitors, work by inhibiting the enzymatic conversion of testosterone to DHT. DHT is responsible for the miniaturization of the hair follicles in the balding areas. Topical prescription strength Minoxidil works by increasing blood flow and enlarging miniaturized follicles and extending the hair’s growth phase. Therefore Nizoral Shampoo, topical Minoxidil and systemic Propecia or Avodart work synergistically on the key factors in the development of androgenic male pattern baldness. Nizoral reduces scalp DHT by inhibits the binding of DHT to the hair follicle and Propecia and Avodart decrease levels of DHT responsible for the miniaturization of hair follicles, while Minoxidil works to increase blood flow to the area and enlarge and restore the follicles that have been miniaturized.
Although 2% Nizoral Shampoo can be used as a sole treatment modality (Nizoral alone is as effective as Rogaine), combining Nizoral shampoo with topical Minoxidil with systemic DHT inhibitors – Propecia or Avodart would maximize the effectiveness of both. Combining therapies provides you the best opportunity to slow hair loss and regrow new hair. Avodart or Propecia and 15% – 12.5% Minoxidil prescriptions are available through Medical Wellness Center.
HOW LONG BEFORE I SEE RESULTS?
Hair grows only about ½ inch per month, therefore patients start to notice results after first 3 months of treatment. It takes time to see improvement. Initially one may start to notice very fine, soft, colorless hairs. With further use the new hairs will gradually become thicker and the same color as the other hairs on your scalp. Up to 12 months of use may be needed to see your best results. Also, for those just starting to have hair thinning, using Nizoral and other intervention in the early stages will yield the most dramatic results.
HOW LONG DO I HAVE TO USE NIZORAL SHAMPOO?
Since male pattern hair loss is a progressive, life-long condition, you have to continue treatment throughout your life for as long as your want to maintain your hair. The underlying predisposition to baldness is always present. Therefore, if a patient discontinues use of treatment, he will gradually lose the new hair that grew in response to treatment. The progression of his underlying predisposition to baldness. Newly regrown hairs will probably be lost in 3 – 4 months after stopping medication use.
WHEN & HOW DO I USE NIZORAL SHAMPOO?
Avoid contact with the eyes. Do not use on wounds or damaged skin. If you miss an application of shampoo, do not worry. Just resume your treatment as soon as you remember. Nizoral’s effect is long-lasting and keeps working for several days. Therefore you do not need to use it every day.
NIZORAL SHAMPOO FOR MALE PATTERN HAIR LOSS:
In order to help prevent hair loss and improve the scalp condition, 2% prescription strength Nizoral shampoo must be used regularly. Do not get in eyes. Using Nizoral Shampoo more frequently or in higher doses will NOT make it work better or faster. If you miss a Nizoral treatment, just continue using the next day. Do NOT use a double dose of the medication.
- Wet your hair & scalp with water.
- Apply 1 – 2 teaspoons to your scalp. Work into lather.
- Leave on for 3 – 5 minutes before rinsing.
- Rinse thoroughly and follow with conditioner.
- Do NOT use more frequently than prescribed.
- Apply daily in place of your usual shampoo for 14 days and thereafter apply 1 -2 times weekly.
NIZORAL SHAMPOO FOR DANDRUFF:
Dandruff is actually associated with increased numbers of a type of fungus/yeast called Pityrosporum. Nizoral is a potent #1 recommended prescription anti-dandruff shampoo. For treating dandruff, apply twice a week for 2 – 4 weeks, then use once every 1 – 2 weeks to prevent dandruff symptoms from returning.
- Wet your hair & scalp with water
- Apply 1 – 2 teaspoons to your scalp. Work into lather.
- Leave on for 3 – 5 minutes before rinsing.
- Rinse thoroughly and follow with conditioner.
- Do NOT use more frequently than prescribed.
- Apply twice weekly for 2 – 4 weeks, then use once every 1 – 2 weeks to prevent dandruff symptoms from returning.
CAN I CONTINUE TO USE SPRAYS, MOUSSES, GELS, and STYLING AIDS WITH NIZORAL?
There is no need to change your usual hair care routine when using Nizoral. If combining with Minoxidil, use Nizoral shampoo in the morning when you wash hair and use Minoxidil on a dry scalp at night.
CAN I HAVE MY HAIR CHEMICALLY TREATED – PERMANENTS, TINTS, RELAXED WHILE USING NIZORAL?
There is no evidence that chemical treatment of hair changes the effect of Nizoral. However, chemical treatments can result in scalp irritation. Therefore do not use Nizoral shampoo the day you chemically treat your hair. Although rare, discoloration has been reported in colored, dyed, tinted, or permed hair. If you experience any irritation, sensitivity, or scalp redness after a chemical treatment, wait until the scalp is 100% healed before applying Nizoral. Do NOT make up for missed doses.
WHAT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT INFORMATION I SHOULD KNOW ABOUT ABOUT NIZORAL?
- Do NOT use Nizoral on wounds or damaged skin.
- Store in a SAFE place where children can not reach it! Store away from heat and direct light. Do not freeze.
- Pregnant women should NOT use Nizoral shampoo.
- Minoxidil is indicated as a topical treatment for male pattern hair loss which occurs gradually and runs in families. If you experience sudden hair loss, or you are experiencing patchy areas or hair loss or hair loss from medication or after pregnancy Nizoral is NOT for you.
- Male pattern hair loss in women can be a sign of a serious or life-threatening underlying medical condition from hormonal problems to even cancer. Therefore women with male pattern hair loss or hair loss need to be directly followed by his/her own physician.
- Nizoral is for TOPICAL use ONLY! Never take Nizoral orally. The active ingredient, ketoconazole, when taken orally can cause toxicity and liver damage.
WHAT ARE THE SIDE EFFECTS OF NIZORAL?
Undesirable side effects are unlikely. The most common side effects are itching, irritation, redness, or burning sensation of the scalp and dry or greasy hair. Nizoral Shampoo should ONLY be applied to the scalp. Rarely, hair discoloration of gray, tinted, dyed, colored, or permed hair may occur. If undesirable side effects persist discontinue use.
Do not get in eyes – if accidentally gets in eyes flush with water immediately.
Stop taking Avodart and seek emergency medical attention if you experience an allergic reaction such as difficulty breathing, the closing of the throat, swelling of the lips, tongue, or face.
The side effects listed above may not include all of the side effects reported by the drug’s manufacturer. For more information about any other possible risks associated with this medicine, please read the package insert provided with the medication from the pharmacy.
WHO SHOULD NOT USE NIZORAL SHAMPOO?
- NIZORAL SHAMPOO IS FOR EXTERNAL USE ONLY!
- Do NOT use if your are pregnant or breast feeding, ketoconazole has been shown to cause birth defects in animals.
- Avoid contact with eyes. If any gets in your eyes bathe them gently with cold water.
- Nizoral is prescribed online for Men with Male Pattern Hair Loss over age 18 only.
- Do NOT use Nizoral if you have a sunburned, red, inflamed, infected, irritated or painful scalp.
- Do NOT use Nizoral if you have any scalp condition such as psoriasis or eczema as Minoxidil can be very irritating.
- Do NOT use Nizoral if you are allergic to to Ketoconazole, anti-fungal medicines, imidazoles or any of the ingredients in Nizoral.
- Nizoral will NOT prevent or reverse hair loss due to chemotherapy, or nutritional problems, low thyroid states, or disease which cause scarring of the scalp.
In order to proceed to the medical consultation, you must proceed to the next section and read the complete list of contraindications. Then you must verify that you do not have any of the contraindications and understand that any pregnant or potentially pregnant woman or women breast-feeding must not use Nizoral
Under NO circumstance do we prescribe Nizoral to any child under the age of 18.
Before Proceeding to the Medical Consultation Form please read
CONTRAINDICATIONS, PRECAUTIONS and WARNINGS
and accept the Waiver of Liability
- Do NOT use Nizoral if you are under age 18.
- Nizoral shampoo is for TOPICAL EXTERNAL use only on the hair & scalp. Do NOT take orally.
- Do NOT use if you are pregnant or breast feeding as ketoconazole has been shown to cause birth defects in animals.
- Do NOT use Nizoral if you have any scalp irritation such as red, inflamed, irritated, sunburned, or painful scalp.
- Do NOT use Nizoral if you have and skin diseases of the scalp such as psoriasis or eczema of the scalp.
- Do NOT use Nizoral if you have any open wounds or lesions on the scalp.
- Do NOT use Nizoral if you do NOT know the reason for your hair loss.
- Do NOT use Nizoral if you are experiencing a sudden hair loss.
- Do NOT use Nizoral if you have patchy hair loss.
- Do NOT use Nizoral if you are experiencing hair loss due to medication or a severe illness.
- Do NOT use Nizoral if you are experiencing hair loss due to nutritional problems, thyroid problems, chemotherapy, prescription medication, chemical treatments, or hairstyle as it is not effective.
- Do NOT use Nizoral if you are allergic to ketoconazole, other anti-fungal medications, or miconazole.
- Do NOT use Nizoral if you are allergic to any of the active or inactive ingredients: Active Ingredient – ketoconazole. Inactive Ingredients: Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Disodium sulphosuccinate, coconut fatty acid, Diethanolamide, Cocamide MEA, Sodium Cocoyl Sarcosinate, Glycol Distearate, Acrylic Acid Polymer (Carbomer 1342), Fragrance, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Butylated Hydroxytoluene, Quaternium-15, Polyquaternium-y, Sodium Hydroxide, Hydrochloric Acid, FD & C Blue No 1.
- Male pattern hair loss in a woman can be a sign of a severe life-threatening illness and even cancer. You must see your own physician.
- If allergic reaction occurs – seek immediate emergency medical attention.
As with any shampoo, if any gets in your eyes, bathe them gently with cold water.
NIZORAL SIDE EFFECTS:
Side effects are rare and unlikely. The most common side effects are itching , scalp irritations, burning sensation of the scalp, and dry or greasy hair. Occasionally hair discoloration has been reported. This mainly occurs in patients with gray hair or hair that has been frequently treated with agents such as colors, bleaches, or perms. Nizoral Shampoo should ONLY be applied to the hair & scalp.
Do not get in eyes – if accidentally gets in eyes flush with water immediately and if irritation persists seek medical attention.
Stop using NIZORAL Shampoo and seek emergency medical attention if you experience an allergic reaction such as difficulty breathing, closing of the throat, swelling of the lips, tongue or face.
Nizoral Shampoo is to be used topically only. Nizoral Shampoo can be combined with systemic 5-alpha reductase inhibitors like Propecia or Avodart and Minoxidil. There are no known interactions with topical ketoconazole and other medications when used as directed as a shampoo.
NIZORAL SHAMPOO PRESCRIBING INFORMATION
Apply daily in place of your usual shampoo for 14 days and thereafter apply 1 – 2 times weekly.
Apply twice a week for 2 – 4 weeks, then use once every 1 – 2 weeks to prevent dandruff symptoms from returning.
I DO NOT HAVE ANY OF THE ABOVE CONTRAINDICATIONS:
In order for Medical Wellness Center Physicians to provide you with the best care you need to reply honesty to all questions and you need to understand any and all risks and side effects associated with Prescription strength Nizoral.
By accepting “I Agree” means that you have read the above contraindication and warnings and honestly acknowledge that you do not have any of the above contraindications to Nizoral Shampoo therapy.