Prescription Strength Shampoo – Enhances Hair Growth
- Minoxidil IS MEDICALLY PROVEN to STOP hair loss and REGROW hair.
- We exclusively offer a compounded 5% Minoxidil shampoo that can be used alone or along with Propecia or Avodart, topical minoxidil, and Nizoral shampoo to reverse male pattern hair loss and enhance hair regrowth.
- If you suffer from Male Pattern Baldness, prescription-strength Minoxidil Shampoo along with Propecia or Avodart may be the answer!
- Minoxidil is the ONLY FDA approved TOPICAL treatment for male pattern hair loss.
- Propecia and Avodart are SYSTEMIC treatments for male pattern hair loss.
- Minoxidil is the active ingredient in Rogaine, which contains as much as 60% alcohol which is drying to the scalp and harmful to the hair follicle.
- Minoxidil’s hair regrowth is dose-dependent – the higher the dose the better the regrowth.
- Minoxidil shampoo is available by PRESCRIPTION only and is significantly MORE effective than Rogaine, especially, if combined with prescription-strength topical minoxidil.
- Prescription-strength 5% Minoxidil Shampoo can be used alone as a treatment for male pattern hair loss or used along with Propecia or Avodart to enhance the effectiveness of both.
- The shampoo can also be used along with topical Minoxidil, 2% Nizoral shampoo, and/or with Latisse/Lumigan.
- Minoxidil shampoo is only available from compounding pharmacy Murray Avenue Apothecary**, and only prescribed online for men only!
For NEW Minoxidil Shampoo clients only, to learn how to request an INITIAL Consult
Refill Consult for returning Minoxidil Shampoo Medical Wellness Center clients only
IMPORTANT WARNING: Pregnant, breast feeding, or potentially pregnant women should NOT use or handle Minoxidil.
IMPORTANT WARNING: Although Minoxidil is not contraindicated for women, Medical Wellness Center does NOT prescribe Minoxidil online for women as Male Pattern Baldness can be a sign of a serious and life-threatening underlying illness in WOMEN!
MEDICAL WELLNESS CENTER PROVIDES:
- Simple, Convenient & Confidential Online Physician consultations for prescription-strength Minoxidil cream or lotion.
- RISK-FREE Online Physician Evaluation to determine eligibility for prescription-strength Minoxidil.
- Prescription-strength Minoxidil Shampoo compounded exclusively by Murray Avenue Apothecary**.
- If approved the medical consultation fee to Medical Wellness Center is only $49.95 plus processing. If you do not qualify for a Minoxidil prescription, your online visit is FREE and there is NO charge.
- Your prescription for a 4 oz bottle of 5% Minoxidil shampoo with 6 available refills is forwarded to the compounding pharmacy. We provide only the consultation and prescription. We do not dispense or sell any medication.
- Express service available: Your Topical Minoxidl prescription will be forwarded to the pharmacy within approximately 24 hours. Regular Service takes approximately 3-7 business days to review.
HOW TO REQUEST A PHYSICIAN CONSULTATION FOR A MINOXIDIL SHAMPOO PRESCRIPTION:
- Read About prescription strength Minoxidil Shampoo to learn more about its indications and contraindications.
- Read and Agree to the Waiver of Liability.
- Accurately and truthfully complete and submit a medical consultation questionnaire
- Your medical consultation will be reviewed by one of our Physicians. If approved, you will be prescribed Minoxidil Shampoo with six refills.
- If approved you will receive an email confirmation from Medical Wellness Center, and your prescription will be forwarded to Murray Avenue Apothecary. Then the pharmacy will contact you to arrange for medication purchase and shipment.
- You can select either “regular” service (3 – 7 days to process) or “express” 24 hour processing for an express service fee.
- If you are approved for treatment, the initial consultation fee for the physician evaluation is only $49.95 plus processing.
- This consultation is RISK-FREE, if the physician determines Minoxidil is not appropriate for you, then there is no charge.
- If you find Minoxidil is working for you, yearly medical refill consultations are only $75.00 plus processing for one year of refills.
- If you have any health concerns in any way, you should contact your own physician for further advice
Medical Wellness Center’s Online Minoxidil prescription consultation makes it easy for you to safely and effectively treat male pattern baldness from the convenience and privacy of your PC without time-consuming and costly doctor visits.
MINOXIDIL SHAMPOO FAQ
WHAT IS MALE PATTERN HAIR LOSS?
Male pattern baldness, androgenetic alopecia, is a very common condition in which men begin to experience thinning of the hair on the scalp. These changes often start slowly in men in their 20’s and often progress to a receding hairline and/or balding on the top of the head. Male pattern baldness is believed to be hereditary and dependent on hormonal effects. The primary cause of Male Pattern hair loss and baldness is due to Dihydrotestosterone (DHT) which is produced by 5-alpha reductase conversion of testosterone to DHT and leads to miniaturization of the hair follicle.
WHAT IS MINOXIDIL & HOW DOES IT WORK?
Minoxidil is the active ingredient in Rogaine and it works at the level of the dermal papilla. Minoxidil increases blood flow and works by gradually enlarging miniaturized follicles that have shrunk. Also, Minoxidil appears to extend the hair’s growth phase thus giving the hairs an opportunity to reach a longer length before falling out. With more follicles in the growth stage, it is possible to see improved coverage of the scalp.
HOW DOES PRESCRIPTION STRENGTH MINOXIDIL DIFFER FROM ROGAINE?
Minoxidil is the active ingredient in Rogaine the over-the counter preparation. Rogaine contains only 2 – 5% Minoxidil and is 60% alcohol which is very drying and damaging to the hair shaft. Minoxidil effectiveness is dose dependent and the higher the dose the better the hair regrowth. Minoxidil Shampoo is more potent than Rogaine and it is not drying and damaging to the hair shaft as is OTC Rogaine.
WILL MINOXIDIL WORK FOR ME? WHAT ARE THE INDICATIONS?
Minoxidil is prescribed online for MEN 18 years or older experiencing gradual thinning and hair loss on the top of the head(vertex) – ANDROGENETIC Male Pattern Baldness. Clinical trials have shown Minoxidil to be effective in regrowing hair on the top of the head but not proven efficacious in frontal hair growth. The response to Minoxidil varies greatly for each person and can not be predicted. Minoxidil has been clinically proven and FDA approved as a treatment for male pattern hair loss.
CAN MINOXIDIL BE USED ALONG WITH PROPECIA OR AVODART?
Treating male pattern hair loss with multiple modalities – topical Minoxidil and systemic 5-alpha reductase inhibitors Propecia or Avodart may work synergistically to enhance the effectiveness of treatment and promote hair regrowth.Topical prescription strength Minoxidil works by increasing blood flow and enlarging miniaturized follicles and extending the hair’s growth phase. Propecia and Avodart, both 5 alpha- reductase inhibitors, work by inhibiting the enzymatic conversion of testosterone to DHT. DHT is responsible for the miniaturization of the hair follicles in the balding areas. Therefore topical Minoxidil and systemic Propecia or Avodart work synergistically on the key factors in the development of androgenetic male pattern baldness. Propecia and Avodart decrease levels of DHT responsible for the miniaturization of hair follicles, while Minoxidil works to increase blood flow to the area and enlarge and restore the follicles that have been miniaturized.
Although Minoxidil can be used as a sole treatment modality, combining topical Minoxidil with systemic DHT inhibitors – Propecia or
Avodart would maximize the effectiveness of both, and result in the best opportunity to slow hair loss and regrow new hair.
Avodart or Propecia prescriptions are available through Medical Wellness Center
CAN I COMBINE 5% MINOXIDIL SHAMPOO WITH 2% NIZORAL SHAMPOO OR TOPICAL MINOXIDIL OR LATISSE/LUMIGAN?
Yes. You can use both minoxidil shampoo and prescription strength nizoral shampoo to optimally benefit from the different biological mechanisms by alternating between the two shampoos. Just as 2% Nizoral shampoo can be used along with topical minoxidil preparations and or Latisse/Lumigan, you can also use Minoxidil shampoo as an adjunctive therapy along with other prescription topical hair loss preparations.
HOW LONG BEFORE I SEE RESULTS?
Hair grows only about ½ inch per month, therefore patients start to notice results after first 3 months of treatment. It takes time to see improvement. Initially one may start to notice very fine, soft, colorless hairs. With further use the new hairs will gradually become thicker and the same color as the other hairs on your scalp. Up to 12 months of use may be needed to see your best results from Minoxidil. Also, for those just starting to have hair thinning, using Minoxidil in the early stages will yield the most dramatic results.
HOW LONG DO I HAVE TO USE MINOXIDIL?
The underlying predisposition to baldness is always present. Therefore, if a patient discontinues use of Minoxidil , he will gradually lose the new hair that grew in response to Minoxidil treatment and will experience the progression of his underlying predisposition to baldness. Newly regrown hairs will probably be lost in 3 – 4 months after stopping medication use.
WHEN & HOW DO I USE MINOXIDIL?
Minoxidil prescription strength cream or lotion/gel is applied once daily in the evening to a dry scalp. Allow sufficient time for the Minoxidil to be absorbed into the scalp and dry before going to bed. Do not get scalp or hair wet for 4 hours after applying Minoxidil. Only apply Minoxidil to the scalp in the hair loss area. Do not get in eyes. Wash hands after applying. Using Minoxidil more frequently or in higher doses will NOT make it work better or faster. If you miss a Minoxidil dose, just continue with your next dose in the evening. DO NOT use a double dose of the medication.Only apply to the areas of hair loss on the scalp
Do NOT apply to any other part of the body
Do NOT use more frequently than prescribed
Always wash hands after use
CAN I CONTINUE TO USE SPRAYS, MOUSSES, GELS and STYLING AIDS WITH MINOXIDIL ?
There is no need to change your usual hair care routine when using Minoxidil. It is best to use Minoxidil shampoo either in the morning or night on a dry scalp .
CAN I HAVE MY HAIR CHEMICALLY TREATED – PERMANENTS, TINTS, RELAXED WHILE USING MINOXIDIL?
There is no evidence that chemical treatment of hair changes the effect of Minoxidil. However, chemical treatments can result in scalp irritation. Therefore the night before you plan to chemically treat your hair do NOT apply Minoxidil. Also do NOT apply Minoxidil to the scalp for at least 24 hours after any chemical treatment to your hair to ensure no irritation occurs. If you experience any irritation, sensitivity or scalp redness after a chemical treatment, wait until the scalp is 100% healed before applying Minoxidil. Do NOT make up for missed doses.
WHAT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT INFORMATION I SHOULD KNOW ABOUT ABOUT MINOXIDIL?
Minoxidil is prescribed ONLINE for MEN only, although unlike Propecia or Avodart it has also been approved for women who are experiencing male pattern hair loss. Minoxidil is NEVER prescribed for women online because in women male pattern hair loss could be a sign of a serious or life-threatening underlying medical condition from hormonal problems to even cancer.
Pregnant women should NOT use OTC Rogaine or prescription strength Minoxidil.
Minoxidil is indicated as a topical treatment for male pattern hair loss which occurs gradually and runs in families. If you experience sudden hair loss, or you are experiencing patchy areas or hair loss or hair loss from medication or after pregnancy Minoxidil is NOT for you.
Minoxidil is for TOPICAL use ONLY! Minoxidil is to be applied to the areas of hair thinning on the scalp only. Never take Minoxidil by mouth.
WHAT ARE THE SIDE EFFECTS OF MINOXIDIL?
The most common side effects are itching and other skin irritations of the treated area of the scalp. Minoxidil should ONLY be applied to the scalp. The risk of side effects increased if applied to other parts of the body. Always WASH hands after useDo not get in eyes – if accidentally gets in eyes flush with water immediately and if irritation persists seek immediate medical attention in an emergency room.
Stop using Minoxidil and seek emergency medical attention if you experience an allergic reaction such as difficulty breathing, closing of the throat, swelling of the lips, tongue or face.
STOP USING MINOXIDIL AND SEE YOUR DOCTOR IF YOU GET:
Unwanted facial hair
Faintness and /or dizziness
Sudden, unexplained weight gain
Swollen hands or feet
Redness or irritation on treated areas of your scalp
WHO SHOULD NOT USE MINOXIDIL?
Minoxidil is prescribed online for Men over age 18 only.
- Do NOT use Minoxidil if you experience sudden or patchy hair loss or are not sure of the reason for your hair loss
- Do NOT use Minoxidil if you are experiencing hair loss secondary to medication use or a severe illness.
- Do NOT use Minoxidil if you have a sunburned, red, inflamed, infected, irritated or painful scalp.
- Do NOT use Minoxidil if yo ever had an allergic reaction to ROGAINE.
In order to proceed to the medical consultation, you must proceed to the next section and read the complete list of contraindications. Then you must verify that you do not have any of the contraindications and understand that any pregnant or potentially pregnant woman must not use Minoxidil. Minoxidil is NEVER indicated for hair loss due to childbirth. Under NO circumstance do we prescribe Minoxidil to any woman or child under the age of 18 .
Before Proceeding to the Medical Consultation Form please read
CONTRAINDICATIONS, PRECAUTIONS and WARNINGS
and accept the Waiver of Liability
- Do NOT use Minoxidil if you are under age 18.
- Do NOT use Minoxidil if you have any scalp irritation such as red, inflamed, irritated, sunburned, or painful scalp.
- Do NOT use Minoxidil if you have and skin diseases of the scalp such as psoriasis or eczema of the scalp.
- Do NOT use Minoxidil if you ever had an allergic reaction to ROGAINE.
- Do NOT use Minoxidil if you have any open wounds or lesions on the scalp.
- Do NOT use Minoxidil if you do NOT know the reason for your hair loss.
- Do NOT use Minoxidil if you are experiencing a sudden hair loss.
- Do NOT use Minoxidil if you are experiencing hair loss secondary to prescription medication or chemotherapy as it is NOT effective.
- Do NOT use Minoxidil if you are experiencing hair loss due to nutritional problems or thyroid problems.
- Do NOT use Minoxidil if you are experiencing hair loss due to damage to the hair from chemical treatment or hairstyle.
- Absolutely no female will be prescribed Minoxidil online as male pattern hair loss in a woman can be a sign of a severe life-threatening illness and even cancer.
- Pregnant or potentially pregnant must woman NOT use Rogaine or Minoxidil.
- Prescription-strength Minoxidil can be formulated with or without a steroid.
- Do NOT use Minoxidil formulated with a steroid if you have glaucoma, increased intraocular pressure.
- Do NOT use Minoxidil if you are allergic to any of the active or inactive ingredients – emollient creme base, preserved water, anhydrous ointment, BHT preservative polysorbate 80, propylene glycol base (you can request a glycerine base if sensitive to propylene glycol)
- Do NOT use Minoxidil if you are using other medications on your scalp.
STOP MINOXIDIL USE AND IMMEDIATELY SEE A DOCTOR IF YOU EXPERIENCE:
- Unwanted facial hair growth
- Chest pain, a rapid heartbeat, faintness, or dizziness.
- Sudden, unexplained weight gain
- Swollen hands or feet
- Scalp irritation that continues or worsens.
If an allergic reaction occurs – seek immediate emergency medical attention.
MINOXIDIL SIDE EFFECTS:
The most common side effects are itching and other skin irritations of the treated area of the scalp. Minoxidil should ONLY be applied to the scalp. The risk of side effects increases if applied to other parts of the body.
Always WASH hands after use. Do not get in eyes – if accidentally gets in eyes flush with water immediately and if irritation persists seek immediate medical attention in an emergency room.
Stop using Minoxidil and seek emergency medical attention if you experience an allergic reaction such as difficulty breathing, closing of the throat, swelling of the lips, tongue, or face.
Minoxidil shampoo is to be used topically only. Minoxidil can be combined with systemic 5-alpha reductase inhibitors like Propecia or Avodart. Also topical 5% Minoxidil shampoo can be combined with other topical prescription strength Minoxidil preparations as well as 2% Nizoral shampoo or Latisse/Lumigan.
MINOXIDIL PRESCRIBING INFORMATION:
Prescription strength 5% Minoxidil Shampoo is exclusively compounded by Murray Avenue Apothecary**.
I DO NOT HAVE ANY OF THE ABOVE CONTRAINDICATIONS:
In order for Medical Wellness Center Physicians to provide you with the best care you need to reply honesty to all questions and you need to understand any and all risks and side effects associated with Prescription strength Minoxidil.
By accepting “I Agree” means that you have read the above contraindication and warnings and honestly acknowledge that you do not have any of the above contraindications to Minoxidil therapy and understand that insurance will not cover the cost of the medication.
Start Your Online Consult Now!
**Medical Wellness Center is not affiliated or associated with Murray Avenue Apothecary. Murray Avenue Apothecary is a privately owned pharmacy and is completely independent of Medical Wellness Center. Medical Wellness Center provides customized treatments based on over 20 years experience treating male pattern hair loss, and they forward all compounded hair loss prescriptions exclusively to Murray Avenue Apothecary because of the integrity and reliability of this United States based, privately owned, local pharmacy; the experience of Susan Merenstein, the compounding pharmacist; and that this pharmacy only uses FDA approved ingredients.